“best meal of the week”
Review of La Greppia

La Greppia
Reserve with
La Greppia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 686 Restaurants in Parma
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This restaurant is fantastic you must go if in Parma, the food is amazing, service attentive and friendly, great wine list and THE best desert trolley, great wine list too. We had a plate of the best ever parma ham and coltello to start, plus some amazing parmesan shaved at the table from a huge wheel of the cheese. Then some tortelli stuffed with herbs and ricotta, delicate and beautiful, my husband had liver cooked for 2 hours in milk and veg, then they pulvarise the milk and veg to make a sauce. It is an ancient Farnese recipe literally from the palace 50 meters away. This may sound terrible and I am no fan of liver but is one of THE best things I have tasted it was amazing. The tiramasu with almonds to finish was truly delicious. A really memorable meal. Can't recommend enough

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went to La Greppia at the suggestion of a famous chef who wears orange shoes!

What a culinary delight, My husband & I began our dinner with a bottle of sangiovese wine. it was very smooth, very delicious & very affordable at $16. We also shared an antipasti of prosciutto de Parma that was amazing, we also had some pieces of parmigiana cheese that had been aged 32 months. Our waitress was a lovely young lady from Verona Italy. she spoke wonderful English & offered several delicious suggestions. We started out with fresh made tagliatelle with basil in a very light cream sauce & also a seasonal special with a pumpkin treat surrounded by fresh porcini mushrooms in a very light white sauce. the pumpkin was amazing very fluffy and light & baked in a tall tin so it got a nice little crust on it. it was not a muffin or a soufflé, not really sure how it was done BUT I do know it was done perfectly. For our next course I got venison stew & my husband got baccala with cherry tomatoes & potatoes. both meals were delicious. One of the waitstaff a very nice young man brought over the dessert cart & even though dessert was the last thing we needed we chose to share one. With so many amazing choices we decided to let our waitress choose it for us. She cut us 2 small pieces of cakes instead of one large one so we could experience more of a variety. Both were fantastic! Hubby then finished the evening off with an espresso & we left VERY happy. La Greppia is a quality restaurant & a MUST try if you ever find yourself in Parma Italy.

1  Thank TheOnlyJoAnn
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Four of us went to La Greppia for lunch and were very pleased. We started with Delizie di Parma (3 local cured meats, including prosciutto) and a nice chunk of parmigiana cheese. We then had 4 different pastas. Each of them was excellent, but our unanimous favorite was Pasta al basilico con la salsa di pinoli, a thin ribbon of tender pasta with basil inside, served with a sauce of finely ground pine nuts and cheese. We shared a bottle of local Sangiovese di Romagna. The food was excellent, and the service was proper yet friendly. The ambiance was lovely. The price was a bit steep (130 Euros including 1 dessert and two coffees) but given the quality of the meal it was well worth it.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a very pleasant dinner at this restaurant. Perfect service and overall really nice food. Eventhough the restaurant was attended by a large group of around 40 people, it was no problem for the staff to stay attentive of the tables that were not part of the group. The food as said above was very good, but with some notes. My wife had the minnestrone soup which was kind of boring and my second main course, which was fresh Procini (mushrooms) caps prepared in vine leaves which was one of the best dishes I ever ate was accompanied by a very boring tasteless blob of polenta. But again the mushrooms themselves were really one of the best I ever tasted. Further great Parmegiano and a selction of deserts to choose from on a cart that stil bring the water in my mouth. The wine cart is actually a book and a pleasure to read through. All in all a great experience again and certainly worth a very good recomendation.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a wonderful dinner at La Greppia. The food is delicious and the service is wonderful. The atmosphere is fresh, clean and warm. The chef is the owner and his wife is one of the waitresses...she is absolutely charming and attentive! She is very helpful in choosing your dinner. The tortelli was the best we had in Parma! We had the trio of tortelli...pumpkin, potato and herb w/ricotta filling. For dessert, I had the 3 mini cannoli...very good. Excellent restaurant and recommend it highly!