“Great Homemade Comfort food”

Trattoria Ai Due Platani
Ranked #12 of 739 Restaurants in Parma
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

If you're in Parma (and able to get a reservation somehow), this place is worth the 10 minute car ride from the center. Classic trattoria with incredible food. In particular look to the salumi dishes like the torta fritta and fresh pasta dishes - the cognilio ravioli is great. Pricing is reasonable, with a decent bottle of wine and 4 people you can get away with about 40 euro pp. As an FYI, this restaurant was awarded best fresh pasta of the year 2017.
Downsides are that it's extremely difficult to get a reservation at certain times (try at least a month in advance), and the secondi's are nothing special.

1  Thank theklaminator
Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed November 7, 2017

You need a car to get to the place, no public transportation. It's located very much on the countryside and not far from Parma. The other condition to visit the place is to want to eat typical Parma Food, Parma dishes. The last condition is to have a hearty appetite, no place for diets, vegans, vegetarians or special food requirement. Is eating as one did 100 years ago after a long day of hard work on the fields. Enjoy

Reviewed October 31, 2017

The restaurant is a bit off the city but just go if you have a car. The quality of food is excellent and very attentive staffs. We were a group of 5 (+1 baby) so I can't remember all the shared dishes we ordered. But definitely you have to try their pigeon and steak dishes. Especially the pigeon one, probably the best I had! Oh, and the price here is very reasonable.

Reviewed September 30, 2017

Excellent quality of food, original recipes, good service. And to top it off, the prices were completely affordable! I wish I could go back every week. My husband and I split a primi piatti and got our own secondi. I wish we had each gotten our own primi as well, just because the stuffed pasta that we got was so incredible! I had a piedmont steak and it was amazing. And the house dessert that we had (alcoholic) was extremely delicious and original. I have never had anything like that before. MAKE A RESERVATION!!

1  Thank AmericanoinParis
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

It was probably the best meal we had in Italy, fantastic..... must try this restaurant. Really fantastic and pro staff