“Heaven on earth ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

We visited Ai Due Platani for the second time on our trip around Toscana. This place is really worth a visit. It's Michelin recommended for many years, and I understand why. All the dishes that we have had is beautifully represented, and the pasta is the best we've ever had. We don't normally eat pasta, but this is a must here! The service is friendly and very helpful. I would recommend to book a table in advance because it's very popular. Their local wine from Reggio Emilia; Lambrusco is a great choice for a lunch. They make homemade ice cream with their ice cream machine from 1974, and I've never had such an explosion of taste in my mouth. I would recommend their grey rabbit pasta, or the fratella pasta with duck.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,220)

Reviewed June 27, 2017

My husband and I were introduced to this restaurant by our very good friends who live in Parma - we visited once in January and then upon our return to Italy in May we made advance booking to ensure we could visit this restaurant again.... the food is spectacular and the service 5 stars - can not recommend this highly enough... really wonderful food, ambiance, service and very well priced.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

On a trip which didn't have a single bad meal, this didn't disappoint. Recommended by the B&B owners, this is very traditional, not fancy and tasted great. Freshly made pasta. Great local wine. Rude not to go frankly! Best to reserve a table. Relax and enjoy - particularly the very first Lambrussco on the menu - as recommended by the waiter. Torteli with pumpkin divine. Lamb shin delicious and rich. Ice-cream hand made on the premises on the day and served at your table - try to leave some space!

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Nice cozy place , located outside the town, countryside of Parma, service a bit too formal for the place it is .. but great food .

Reviewed November 11, 2016

This was the best meal of my seven weeks in Italy (I'm just retired and recommend that, too). I started with plate of two types of perfectly made and cooked tortelli (similar to what I would call ravioli, and served with butter): one filled with a pumpkin puree, the other -- "erbette", my favorite -- with ricotta and chard. The erbette were so good I had to pause and regroup after the first bite so I could concentrate on the rest of them. Wow. I then had a three rabbit ravioli (higher, more stuffed), also excellent. Then followed a dish of roast pigeon breast and thighs in a first-rate reduction with roasted onions (there were also lamb chops, baccala, guinea hen and others to chose from). I would not normally press on but everything was so good that I happily had dessert (torta Barozzi: a chocolate cake with what I think were pinoli and an English custard). The restaurant was filled and animated, all Italian, casually well dressed, and all probably from Parma. I had an excellent 1/2 bottle of local San Giovese, and my bill was in the mid-40s -- extremely reasonable for the quality. Service was perfect. I would go back in a second.

2  Thank ecf1