“If I die today I have tasted heaven”

Osteria Francescana
Ranked #2 of 724 Restaurants in Modena
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“If I die today I have tasted heaven”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The best meal we have ever tasted , Massimo Bottura greeted all patrons during the evening. The waiters were excellent too. Decor very creative. Price consummate with quality and creativity.

Visited September 2013

• Greek first
Aarau, Switzerland
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was our second visit to Francescana. Unfortunately Massimo Bottura was in Peru that evening and we missed his beautiful explanations about each dish. But the service was excellent and the food anyway. Again the sommelier seemed not very interested in most of the guests as last time which is the only negative point.

• Visited September 2013
“Very nice abd very expensive”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner in this restaurant and it was my birthday present from my wife, booking was nearly two months in advance they contact us few times if we come or not, atmosfere of the restaurant is very modern clean and staff very professional food was great but sometimes heavy, price for wines with menu was quite expensive good wines - no name producers no big names .... Chef Mr. Botura was very friendly in my opinion bit overpriced restaurant

Roanoke, Virginia
“Amazing!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The star here is the food. Don't go expecting lavish surroundings. The decor is simple, whimsical and low key. The food, however, is spectacular. We were going for the sensations menu but after talking with the chef, Massimo and Guiseppe, our maitre'd/ sommelier they put together a combination of dishes that took us along a culinery path that was amazing. Each of the 13 courses was matched with wine, beer, cocktail? choices that were perfect matches. It was three and a half hours of foody heaven. The service was professional and friendly. Expect to pay handsomely for this meal, but is is an experience worth the price.

London, United Kingdom
“Nice but not what I expected”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Having been recently to Noma and Mugaritz, I had high expectations. Unline those resturants, I wasn't treated to the 20+ dishes in a fast show, instead it was far more traditional with maybe 7 or 8 slightly larger plates (and only a single meat dish I think). One of my main complaints was that I wasn't nearly full when it was all over. Another problem was that the dishes came out very slowly. I was expecting a far more creative/modern approach and while some dishes were good, little of it was memorable. Still a nice restaurant in Modena, just not deserving that special place.

3 Thank Dan O