“Great Fun.”

$186.49*
and up
Ferrari 488 Spider Road Drive
More attraction details
Owner description: Pit Lane Red Passion is a company that offers the faboulous possibility to "Test Drive" the famous red sport and luxury Ferrari cars.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was a bit concerned that I'd pay €200 and be pootling round at 30mph. No problem - they told me that the police will look the other way. And they did!

They dont mind how fast you go once you're out of town, but in town you will have to respect the 50km/h limit. if you buy 10 mins, you'll spend too much of it in town. I got 20 mins and we had 15 minutes of absolutely blasting it!

There are no roads nearby where you can test the handling - but you can enjoy as much straight-line point and squirt as you like, to any speed you like. If you want windy roads and big bends, you'll need an hour to allow time to get up into the hills.

The California that I rented had 70,000km on it - so it was very worn and showing it. As the 'guide' said, "70k km on a Ferrari is like 200k km on anything else!"

It'd be a shame to be in Maranello and not do this!

3  Thank wontberead
"professional driver"
"fantastic drive"
"other companies"

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband is a huge Ferrari fan and has always dreamed of driving one. We took the 20 minute ride. Had a very good instructor. The charges are expensive for a 20-minute ride but its not one we're likely to forget. A must-do on the bucket list for all Ferrari fans.

3  Thank Preeti S
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I did a 20 minute drive of a 458 Italia here, and it was everything I hoped for. The timing ended up being so perfect, as it had just rained. When the sun came out the roads were empty! I chose Pit Lane because it seemed the most friendly, and it was. All 3 supercar rental lots are very close to the Ferrari museum, and its worth checking them all out. Prices are pretty much identical, but the experiences are not. They took pictures before the drive, which was the only place I saw that. They were not free of course, but you can review them all after the drive. And what a drive! The company representative along for the drive was great, really enchanced the experience. He kept it fun and light. He encouraged me to go faster with calls of "Push, push!", which I did, at one point reaching 260km/h. We came to a stop on a side street and took off hard from a dead stop and I even got to test the brakes pretty good when I failed to notice an upcoming red light quick enough. We went over the 20 minutes I had bought, and they were all glorious. I regret not getting the in-car video for 20 euros. My fiancée and I even hung around the shop for half an hour chatting with staff after! Highly recommended over the other 2 places. If you are reading this, you need to do this!

4  Thank Circaicon
Reviewed May 14, 2013

What is this a great experience!! Save some money and take the 1 hour trip! Of course it is not cheap but..... Yeah this is something special. The people are professionals and give you the ultimate experience!!

3  Thank Ronald-on-Tour
See more reviews
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was the highlight of my 3 week trip through Italy. I went to the Pitlane store while visiting the Ferrari Museum in Marenello. You can rent a Ferrari and go for a drive through the nearby country roads. It's expensive (about 200 euros for a 30 minute drive depending on the selection of car) but worth every penny. Be aware there is another Ferrari rental company close to the museum and they have people who will make contact as soon as you get to the museum and try to get you to commit to them. I'm glad I chose Pitlane as they seemed to have a better choice of cars at a better price. Their staff was very professional, and the guy who accompanied me on the ride was great. Overall, a terrific experience and an absolute must if you are in this part of Italy. By the way, pay the extra money to get photos and a video of your drive experience to take home to show your buddies.

2  Thank Michael M