“Very disappointing !”
Review of Sushi Tokyo

Sushi Tokyo
Ranked #435 of 2,233 Restaurants in Bologna
Description: Ristorante all you can eat di qualità, trovare le cose più particolari che non troverete in altri posti, vi sentirete come se foste davvero in Giappone.
Reviewed April 21, 2019

I love sushi and eat it frequently in my home town in Vancouver Canada. Maybe I have been spoiled by having delicious and fresh sushi available on every street corner.
Although this restaurant had a lovely ambience, the food was not good. It wasn't fresh and had no flavour at all. It did look very pretty on the plate though so that made us continue to try yet another plate. I had to ask for wasabi and ginger and although this helped improve the taste of the food, it couldn't make up for what was lacking. Expensive and just not worth it!!

Date of visit: April 2019
Rolando M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Sushi Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

We are sorry to hear your words, we would have liked to have immediate feedback to be able to remedy if something was not to your liking. However, let me object to the fact that you were in our restaurant and maybe you might have confused..when you talk about it being too expensive; our all you can eat menu costs 20.90 euros and does not seem too high, this amount is in line with Bologna prices. If you want to spend less, I advise you to cook sushi on your own or to continue eating it in Vancouver. bye, see you soon

Write a reviewReviews (277)

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

All food was very nice and very tasty. Services very nice. All staff very kind and well trained. I like all the food especially pasta tempura and shushi. Hall very nice and very clean especially dressing very nice and comfortable. My all family like it very much.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

This was literally just around the corner from where we were staying so that determined our choice: we were very footsore after 2 days sightseeing. Another good point was to arrive within the first hour (before 20:00) as it filled up quite quickly - mostly with Italians.
The portions were quite small and tasty; the miso soup surprisingly good, and the tempura was also good. Service was a bit slow at times, but the staff helpful though with poor English. Everything we ordered was good and very nicely presented. Decor was bright, open and pleasant. It was definitely not the best in our European experience.
Just two small but significant negative points: the sliced ginger was poor and not very fresh; and there was only one teriyaki dish, chicken - and the pieces were tiny - though quite tasty! So, a wider choice there, with chunkier portions; and a different fresher source for ginger would have given it a 5th star in my view.
The desserts were good looking but standard frozen imports. I dallied with the thought of banana tempura but was too full.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2017

Came here with my partner as we are both sushi fiends and the sushi was surprisingly good. The ingredients were fresh and the sushi tasted amazing. The All You Can Eat menu has a wide selection of food on offer and is reasonably priced.

The only thing that prevented me from giving Sushi Tokyo an excellent rating was the slow service. Maybe we picked a busy night, but unfortunately we did have to wait an extraordinary amount of time between ordering and receiving our food. In fact, by the time some dishes arrived we had forgotten that we had ordered them!

So... a customer recommendation would be to improve the service on offer and be more attentive towards the customer.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 16, 2017

My husband and I decided to go to the nearest sushi restaurant. That happend to be Sushi Tokyo. We were one of the first guest and we could order very quickly and the food came also very quickly. The menu contains a lot of photos which makes it easier to choose if your Italian is not so good.
The fish was fresh and tasted very good. The menu is quite general, nothing too fancy or special. Just the normal sushi. But that was ok for us. Oh and the hot green tea was really good! Loved it.
After an hour the whole restaurant was full with guests and it took a long time for the ordered sushi arrived. The girl at the bar noticed this and she stepped in and helped her colleague and brought us the sushi we ordered that was standing on the bar.
At the end we had to wait for one last thing we ordered, but it didn't came. After 20 minutes waiting we decided to pay and go home. We were full anyway, so it was not a big issue. But with one staff extra I think the workflow would be better.

Date of visit: October 2017