“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Traviata

La Traviata
Reserve with
La Traviata is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,809 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia
“Wonderful”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A terrific small family owned and run place. The personable owners and staff serve excellent "home" cooked cuisine with great service. If you ask for a special dish, it may not be available that day but it will be the next day if at all possible. Limited menu but some of the best pasta dishes I have ever had. Good selection of reasonably priced local wines and the owner can choose one for your meal and will not ruin your evening when you see the bill. Highly recommended for a small local place in the old section of Bologna.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Italy
“Great food and friendly people!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant specifically for the tortellini, which has been a favorite of mine since childhood. I was not disappointed. The food is outstanding and completely made in the traditional fashion. Add to this a friendly staff that not only worked to get us in but gave us outstanding recommendations throughout the meal. I will definitely be back next time I visit.

Boston, MA
“Great Authentic food”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Bologna for 4 nights at the local B&B where they recommend this restaurant to us. They mentioned the old school tradition and style was fading in Bologna and this was one of the best remaining places to eat. Went went our first night and loved it! Went somewhere else the 2nd night and in comparison it was very disappointing. So we did our last 2 dinners here as well. 3 out of the 4 nights and simply loved the whole experience! Antonio remembered us right away and by the 3rd night was like family to us! I took many pictures of the delicious food. Loved every dish, high recommend!

Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Upsold and Mediocre Food”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We ventured out on a recommendation to this restaurant. Rating of food quality is mediocre to so-so. Gentleman owner came to our table and briefly went over the menu, we asked what the specialty of the house and area was, he indicated the Rabbit and veal along with pasta Bolognaise. Also asked about the roasted potatoes and he said yes you should get them also – side order. So we ordered and were we up sold, two huge portions of pasta. (Table next to us got pasta and was able to split the order, just by indicating “divide”. When our 2nd course arrived the veal portion had roasted potatoes included with the vegetables. We didn’t need to order the side!. But we sure got charged for it. Rabbit was way over done and dry and veal just average. Our bill came to just under 90 euro. Table next to us (couple staying at our B&B also, but spoke Italian and English) bill came to 40 euro.
My recommendation – Go somewhere else.

Chicago, Illinois
“Mortadella Lasagna!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This review is a good 6 months late, but since I still think about the Mortadella Lasagna I figured it was time to write about it. We went here in April while on our honeymoon. We were grateful to those that helped us through the menu in English and when the owner/manager suggested a trio of pastas we went for it. One of them was the Mortadella Lasagna! Neither my husband or I like mortadella so we are not sure why we went along with the suggestion. It was weird at first, then interesting, then just aboslutely amazing! Another noteworthy dish that we had were the squash blossom appetizers. I am a huge fan of squash blossoms and get them anywhere I see them on the menu. These may have been the best that I have had so far. The service was great and we enjoyed some Limoncello on our way out.
I would definitely recommend thsi place and especially the Mortadella Lasagna!

Visited April 2013