“Our best meal in Bologna”

Taverna del Postiglione
Reserve with
Taverna del Postiglione is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #318 of 1,843 Restaurants in Bologna
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santo Stefano
Description: Situated in Bologna's historic center, a few steps away from the Two Towers and Piazza Maggiore, the Taverna del Postiglione welcomes its guests in a warm and charming way. The ideal place to enjoy the excellent local specialities within its walls which speak of the past. The charming historic restaurant building is the perfect setting for a triumph of flavors and aromas. Here the typical Bolognese cuisine is complemented by a continuous search for new dishes. All accompanied by an excellent wine list, which selects the best regional and national labels.
Yorkshire
“Our best meal in Bologna”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We dined here on the last night of our holiday & were so glad we did as it made a special end to an excellent fortnight. For primi platti the risotto & the tagliolini were as good as we have eaten anywhere; for the main course the beef (Angus) was excellent. The grilled vegetables are a must.
The wine list was impressive, varied & reasonably priced and the service was attentive & efficient.
In our view, del Postiglione is superior in every way to the rather better-known restaurant across the passageway.
It should be noted that customers smoke in the "outdoor" section, which is effectively indoors as it is roofed by an archway. Fortunately nobody was smoking at the tables closest to us.

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Authentic bolognese in Bologn, washed down with lambrusco that has never know known Riunite”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This being our first time in Bologna, we of course decided that we must have spaghetti bolognese, and did so at the Taverna. Seven of us sat at a single table, and I think everyone had the same dish, so I can't comment on the rest of the menu, but the spaghetti bolognese was wonderful, with a thick meaty sauce and perfectly cooked pasta. Service was friendly. We accompanied our meal with a wonderful lambrusco that made me re-think the appellation.

• Visited July 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Recommended to us”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were advised of this little restaurant by an Italian 'in the know'. Easy to find when you know where it is! Full of local having their lunch. I had to have the bolognese (when in Bologna..), the pasta was lovely and the sauce was a little too salty for my taste, but who am I to criticise the authentic food of Italians! The fact that the place was full of locals is testiment to its quality.

Great atmosphere, attentive service.

• Visited December 2012
Stanga62, Proprietario at Taverna del Postiglione, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thanks for the review, I intend to be able to know personally in the future. Sincerely Gianluca
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place frequented by locals!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was visiting my aunt in Bologna and I happened to stumble upon this gem while walking around the historic district. The lunch crowd was filled with local Bolognese. I had a delicious plate of Ravioli with Bolognese Sauce (Americans would know this as "Meat Sauce"). I followed that with a Cotoletta Bolognese...AH-MAZ-ING. After all the good food, I couldn't wait to walk around the beautiful city of Bologna to burn the calories! I liked the fact that this place was sort out of the way and not too touristy. The prices are very reasonable and the service impeccable! A good choice!

• Visited October 2012
Singapore
“We went back there 2 times”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Loved the homemade spaghetti (I'm sure that's not what the italian version wrote) with eggplant and tomato sauce... the salmon with orange salad was also amazing... and we love the fact that it was tucked away in a cosy little corner. Seems to be a big favourite with the locals for lunch too...

Visited June 2012