“Ideal location, keep your eyes peeled for great deals!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of I Portici Hotel

I Portici Hotel
Ranked #20 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
London, United Kingdom
“Ideal location, keep your eyes peeled for great deals!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I Portici is a great hotel in a perfect location.

A few things you may want to bear in mind:

Food:
Personally the food options were out of my price range so I didn't indulge but they do have a voucher at reception that gives you ten euros off the fifteen euro breakfast.

Why you would want to spend so much when you can get two fresh croissants and a coffee further down via independenzia is beyond me.
There are at least 4 different coffee and pastry places further down the road, turning left out of the hotel !

Customer Service:
Although the customer service was very good I was left waiting for 15 mins because the card to my door was not working, I then had to insist on changing rooms for speediness since I was meeting friends in barely 15 minutes more and it became clear that although efficient the staff were definately 'relaxed' ! The wait is the only thing that has lost them a star for me.

Noise:
Worth noting that during the summer, concerts occur in the adjacent park-these are loud booming affairs that don't finish till just past midnight, bring ear plugs or ask for a room facing inwards.

I did both but my key-card malfunctioned as described unfortunately for me so I ended up with booming music till half past midnight. Again the staff are somewhat blazé about this as it is beyond their control. Just ask for a different room if it really bothers you.

All in all a brilliant stay.

Amazing showers!

Room Tip: Walk down via independencia, left out of the hotel, away from the station to find several specialty...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Close to train station (we travel by train so this is important to us) Stayed three nights on our way to Siena - Room was very nice but beds were not as comfortable as in Germany and Switzerland - They have an excellent dining room if you want to treat yourself to a gourmet meal - expensive but very, very good. The Bistro also serves very good food - all said, food and service was fantastic. We had breakfast one time - it was OK but not worth the price. Staff was excellent, very attentive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
iportici, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at I Portici Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Mark and Mary,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your recent stay.

We value very much our guests’ opinions and comments as they are a constant challenge and point out the direction to which concentrate our daily efforts for improvement and search for perfection.
We are sorry that you didn’t find the bed comfortable like in other places, in the rooms we have the best matresses but it is difficult to find one to suit every guest!

Nonetheless, we are really pleased from your comment expressed about the Service and the Food of our Ristorante I Portici and Terrazza Bistrot, my colleagues do our best to help our guests enjoy the stay at I Portici Hotel.

We do look forward to having you again visit us in the future.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on holiday. Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was excellent and the bistro served great food at reasonable prices. The I Portici is really well located for exploring the sights of Bologna.

• Stayed August 2013
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Cannot say enough about our stay here - service and staff were excellent, location of the hotel - brilliant, rooms were spacious and contemporary - the hotel is recently refurbished. Breakfast was brilliant...will be back!

Room Tip: i assume all rooms have been refurbished however it is best to check...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank fleeingperth
iportici, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at I Portici Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words on our hotel and our staff!
Hoping to welcoming you again in Bologna with advices and tips to enjoy its architecture, food and cultural life!

Warm regards,

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

In a former palace on the main road into the centre of Bologna this hotel is thoroughly modern on the inside but has the spaciousness of life from earlier times. The rooms have high ceilings and are clean and uncluttered. The service is good and the receptionist gave excellent restaurant recommendations. A ten or fifteen minute walk from the twin towers and the ancient centre this hotel makes the ideal base for exploring this attractive arcaded city, underestimated by the tour groups which makes the experience of going there all the more appealing.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank stcolms
Tirana, Albania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Except for the confusing orientation signs (I had to go all around the hotel to find out that the restaurant was just next door from my room) it was a perfect place. High ceilings and design gave me a feeling of 5 stars. I also experienced a problem in the shower which was solved immediately after I reported it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This Hotel was excellent. Firstly the location, on THE Main Street in Bologna which is v central to restaurants, transport and the main piazza. Secondly, the staff were friendly and helpful at all times, suggesting wonderful restaurants to eat at (and we did!) & good on giving us directions.
Third, the hotel itself is impressive. Clean, spacious and cool! Just want we needed after the 3x 39 degree days we were there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
iportici, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at I Portici Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment and for recommending I Portici Hotel as the place to stay while in Bologna.

It is always so satisfying to receive such positive comments, as it allows us to improve on our service.
Next time you come to visit us, you can try also the “Terrazza” Bistrot at the second floor of the structure, here you can drink scented wine suggested by our Somelier, Nicola Cuccato and the dainty Bolognese cousin!

Friendly regards,