“Sleek yet friendly”
Review of I Portici Hotel

I Portici Hotel
Ranked #23 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed July 16, 2013

What a wonderfully minimalistically designed, yet elegant Boutique hotel! My wife, three kids and I stayed in the top floor suite for three nights; at 160 m2 and a private roof terrace it was incredibly good value. The staff were friendly and helpful and very attentive to the kids.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kaspar B

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Totally amazing! Booked it in a hurry via Booking.com and was not expecting much. Step into the lobby, and I was hooked! Clean open modern light space, rooms very well appointed although on the small side, fast easy wifi everywhere (the Booking.com said wired internet in the rooms which is wrong), welcome cocktail, cool aircon, very quiet room despite being so close to the main road. Excellent location, charming staff. Nothing to dislike! Will definitely come again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ClauClau82
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed there with a friend for three nights. The room was very spacious, clean and nice. The breakfast was yummy. Staff incredibly nice and pleasant. They even let me have breakfast past breakfast time one time. I had no idea it was past breakfast time, when I showed up 15 min. late, they allowed me to eat breakfast at the bar area and did not charge extra. Location is perfect.Comfortable beds, nice and specious bathroom with a big bathtub. I would stay there again when I'm back in Bologna.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MKN-Objective
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm here now...and while I'm drinking a beer on the Bar Terrazza I'm writing some words about this beautiful hotel with its free wifi.
The staff is young and helpful and the hotel is very near the train station.
My room is spacious and clean. The Bar where I am now is on a terrace near a park and it's very quiet and relaxing.
I was very tired when I arrived so I slept for a couple of hours and I found the room silent and confortable. Nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Probably the rooms on the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thor Sven M
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is situated in the city center of Bologna and only a 7 minute walk away from Bologna Main Train Station (Bologna Centrale). If you arrive at Bologna airport take the shuttle (Aerobus) which will take 20 minutes to the train station in Bologna and it will cost you 6 EUR per Person.

Our double room was facing the park and was very quite. The room has a very nice and new design and was very clean and very comfortable. The Bathroom also had a very modern design with a beautiful rain shower!
We did not eat at the restaurant since we considered it a bit high priced.
The staff at the reception was very friendly and helpful.

I can also recommend if you want to visit Florence: take the train (runs approximately every 15 minutes) from Bologna Centrale to Firenze Santa Maria Novella railway station and BUY THE TICKETS ONLINE in advance! The train takes only 35 minutes and if you buy the train tickets online early they are MUCH cheaper!

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel very much and we will definitely choose it again once we return to this beautiful city!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melanie S
IPorticiHotelBologna, Resident Manager at I Portici Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2015

Dear Melanie S
Thank you for your recent stay at IPortici hotel Bologna and thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. I am so happy to learn you enjoyed your stay and you liked the location of the hotel, so happy also, you liked the room. For the fact that you found our 1 Michelin star a bet pricy I would like to point out that our Terrace bistro offered a wide range of menu at a moderate price and our Fresh pasta shop offers the most economic prices to enjoys fresh pasta and fresh tortellini as well.
I am so honoured to read you found our reception staff helpful and friendly I already carried your lovely words to them.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon

Mahmoud Abd Elnabi
Resident Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I spent a night here in June while in transit from Urbino. The staff were absolutely excellent and the finish of the rooms is to a very high standard. The bathroom was very clean, had a multijet shower and hair dryer. Breakfast of the simple continental style but again was done to a great standard. Hotel wifi is reasonably fast and free.

My singular complaint would be that my room was pretty loud. It was by the stairs and directly next to the terrace bar.

Room Tip: Room 219 was pretty loud, so you might want to avoid that one.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MissGeeky
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've return to I Portici Hotel again and again. It never fails to satisfy. Perfect location near the train station, a beautiful setting next to the park, great food and staff who really know how to extend a warm welcome. The rooms are beautiful; comfortable and quiet.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else...

• Stayed: June 2013