“If you are open to discover the real beauty and the charming courtesy of an exceptional host!”

Ca' Fosca due Torri
Ranked #25 of 307 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Reading some notes here, I was struck by some negative opinions. I believe that in a magical and unique city as Bologna, you can't expect more and better than Cà Fosca. The place is absolutely amazing! The house also reflected in the furniture combinations, an eclectic and sophisticated styles that is the image of the extraordinary personality of the owner. Someone with little feeling for what is really beauty, could hardly called this "disorder." The rooms are nice and clean. The terrace in the summer is a real immersion in the green, where green is rare to find being right in the heart of Bologna. But the another real treasure of this place is Patrizia! Eclectic and cultured lady, who with his original personality, will give you wonderful stories about art and history of this beautiful jewel that is the city of Bologna.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank giorgiodalbano
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thanks so much for this nice review and for your amazing historical informations about medievals towers and the Genious Loci in architecture. Waiting for your next journey in Bologna

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Patrizia's B&B C' Fosca due Torri is a fantastic and georgous place with a very individual character. The terrace, the roof top garden, the patio and the furnishing are certainly unique and make this place a real oasis in the heart of Bologna. Be sure that you will meet a very special host: thank you, Patrizia for making us laugh!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
patbo50, Proprietario at Ca' Fosca due Torri, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thanks Simone for having called me before coming in my home - Bed and breakfast: your voice was so sweet on telephone!!! Thanks for having willingly shared with me not only Cà Fosca's top roof garden, the sun and the rain , the roses, the bikes,but even your beautiful mysterious Venusian soul and my Aries and Taurus friends party without complain about my overflowing chats and advices , my lacks , my delay in understanding your whishes or your privacy need and in breakfast time...... I'm happy to have make you laugh in a short break /holiday in a perharps to much stressed period of your life...... thanks for your kind review !!!!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I wish there were B&B/Hotels like this in each and every town throughout Europe: A lovely, inspiring, wonderful place. If you like eggs for breakfast just start the the morning with a little exercise - take the steps - walk through the wonderful streets, across the piazza and get what you need in one of the nice shops around there. You wont get everything bite-sized here: This place leaves space for - and requires - your one fantasy and ideas. If you got some of that you will enjoy every minute of your stay.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan V

Thanks Ian for your kind review !!!! thanks for your staying in my home - Bed and breakfast like in a your friend home and not like in a 4 star hotel !!! Thanks for having willingly shared with me not only Cà Fosca's top roof garden, the sun and the rain , the roses, the bikes, the diabolical Tonic drinks of the St Stefano Benedectine Monks nothwistanding your Protestant culture but even your wise and merry friend collegue Johann without complain about my overflowing Bologna Touristic informations and advices , my lacks , my delay in understanding your whishes or your privacy's need and Thanks for having knocked at my bedroom door and waked me up for breakfast time...... thanks for your great tolerance !!!!!!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were sucked in by the positive reviews on Trip Advisor but I'm afraid this place is nowhere near as good as it sounds.  While I am sure the owner's intentions are good and her knowledge of the city is excellent it was by far the worst B&B I have stayed in - she was far too intrusive for our liking.  The communal areas are cluttered, untidy and chaotic and the rooms cold, dirty and contained lots of personal houshold items such as folders, spare clothes, etc.  The towels looked like they were about 30 years old and smelled of stale cigarette smoke (like the whole place).  Patrizia promised us eggs for breakfast at our request but then told us that we needed to wake her up!  Sure enough there was no sign of her at breakfast.  I now understand why she demands payment in cash up front - it was not worth half of what we paid.

Stayed: April 2012
8  Thank smayhs
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have stayed now 5 times at Ca Fosca Due Torri over the past 2.5 years, and have always enjoyed the beautiful place and the pleasant atmosphere. It is a relaxed and comfortable bed and breakfast with a rooftop garden with views of the cathedrals and towers of Bologna and the hills outside the city. The proprietess Patrizia is warm and welcoming and has always made me feel like a welcome guest. She has a wonderful knowledge of the history and culture of Bologna and I have enjoyed greatly her informative stories about the architecture and symbology of this historic city. Really a treat to stay in a home-style Italian place with the warmth and friendliness here. The food is excellent and a sunny dining room opens onto the rooftop garden. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the location immediately adjacent to the two towers of Bologna is the best. There are cafes and an open air market just downstairs, and most attractions in the city are within a 10-15 minute walk. I highly recommend, and will certainly stay here again while I am visiting Bologna.

Room Tip: Call Patrizia in advance to tell her of your needs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thanks David for your nice review in particular for your advise to future guest traveller to call me on telephone and tell me clearly and honestly what are their needs and their whishes. I realise that sometime my passionate historical/esoteric tales on Bologna architecture might disturb people coming for work like you or for holiday, or simply for enjoy restorants or Bolognese movida .....but please ,tell them i may be easily turned of to silence or turned into any other maid role........I miss your bright criticism to Bolognese society and to its museum , I miss your great camera catching the conjunction moon, venus and juppiter on the sky from the terrace , i miss your greit sax . When will you come back?????

Reviewed March 28, 2012

A perfect place to stay if you like history, art, plants, sunny breakfasts, generous aperitifs and lots of talk - in English, Italian or French - from its enthusiastic Bolognese owner. It has a striking personal Italian family atmosphere, so not for those seeking a business-like, neutral environment. We stayed in a twin room which still had books and mementoes of a young girl in it. It's also very central and one of the best streets for both food and book shopping in Bologna.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This was such a delightful B+B!!! It is in the most perfect place to see everything. The hostess , Patrizia is so welcoming and helpful and totally awsome!! I had some of the best food I have ever had on her suggestion of restuarants. I just loved it!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
patbo50, Proprietario at Ca' Fosca due Torri, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2011

Thank you so much for your nice review . I hope to welcome you again in Bologna and in Cà Fosca B&B !!!!