“Very disappointing”

WellDone Burger
Ranked #319 of 1,822 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fast Food, Brew Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bologna, Italy
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Disappointing is the word I think best sums up my experience at well done today.

I ordered a classic burger, which without realising the waiter confused with a classic bagel. So when the order was brought over by a different waitress, I explained to her politely that there had been a mistake. To this, she said nothing – no apologises, she didn’t check the order, ask about side orders etc. Subsequently when the burger finally arrived it was completely raw in the middle, so raw in fact that I couldn’t eat it.

It was my intention to explain this to a member of staff, however they were nowhere to be seen (we were seated upstairs). When a waitress did arrive she spent the whole time chatting to friends a few tables away. No one asked us if everything was ok, if we needed or wanted anything else, desserts, coffee, more drinks, even for the bill we had to leave our plates on the table and go downstairs and pay. All in all it seemed like the staff were ‘hanging out’ much more than they were caring about the customers. There were also little things like, no cutlery, not enough water glasses and we also had to ask twice to actually get any water!

I honestly think – don’t call a restaurant ‘Well Done’ if you serve raw burgers! And by all means, create a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere, but don’t skimp on customer service! All of these problems could have been avoided by having more attentive staff.

• Visited January 2014