“Amazing Value In City Center”

Cristina Rossi Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 292 Bologna B&B and Inns
Athens, Georgia, United States
“Amazing Value In City Center”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

First off- please disregard all old reviews, most of the poor ratings are not current (at least two years old). My family stayed here for five weeks and we absolutely loved everything: Cristina is such a welcoming and generous person, the location is right in the center of town, and the rooms (we stayed in three different rooms over the course of the five weeks) are all clean and comfortable. The charming atmosphere really made the b&b stand out for us- this is literally the home of Cristina, her husband, and two daughters, and while you might not see them much, they all were friendly and hospitable.

Most of the complaints from old reviews seem to be about the same things, namely breakfast, family mementos on the walls, and her two cats, but we found the breakfast was very substantial and varied, the family pictures really made the b&b cozy and homelike, and the cats were rarely around (they were often confined to her private room).

Basically, the location could not be better and Cristina was the perfect hostess, always willing to help us feel at home (in her home!). If you're in Bologna for any amount of time, you'll not be disappointed if you choose to stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Cristina's house. Yes, it's her house - you eat the very sweet breakfast (these various jams!) in her own living room, surrounded by lovely decorations, lots of books and family souvenirs. Location is great, as you stay right in the city center. The noise is not audible though, as the house is located on a very small street. Cristina is a great hostess, always smiling, wiling to help with travel tips (she suggested us a great spots in bologna and outside). The room was spacious with a huge elegant bed and cozy red bathroom. Good value for a good price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Limassol, Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I definitely recommend Cristina Rossi bed and breakfast for a number of reasons: very clean and spacious rooms, perfect location (just 1 minute from Via Indipendenza and 3 minutes from Piazza Magiore), reasonable prices and a very warm and friendly hostess.
My husband and I stayed there for four nights (room no.2) in April and we think that for that price-location-room amenities ratio, the place is value for money.
Also the facilities were asked from Christina were available in the room, such as hairdryer, converter and extra pool towels and pillows). The whole decoration of the room was really cozy and Italian style and we did not bother for the family photos. Breakfast was ok and had all we needed.
It’s a family-owned 3-storeys building in safe area, transformed into a guest house. Not suitable for people who reject anything less than a 5-star hotel. Great for a few nights stay, especially for couples on a quick-trip in Bologna. Do visit Firenze for a day…really extraordinary place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is almost a little hotel (up to 13 persons!), and Christina does a very good job.
The room was not too big, but clean and OK. Private bath next door.
Extremly quiet, but really just 3 minutes walk to Piazza Maggiore.
Good breakfast together with other travellers, from 0800 to 1000.
Highly recommendable at very reasonable price.
Only negative point: the cleaning in front of our room and in other rooms started around 0900 already.
Easy access with a code (mailed by SMS) at the front door, even if Christina might not be here when you arrive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, and was definately the most welcoming place we had stayed in our two weeks in Switzerland and Italy. Cristina was very helpful and friendly. The double room we stayed in was light and airy, large and comfortable. The bathroom was just across the corridor - which was only used by ourselves - very clean. Towels and bathrobes were provided. Breakfast was great, selection of pastries, toast, breads. Cristina's home is lovely, and we felt very welcomed into her home. For the price of the B+B, the service and rooms are amazing. Her cats are also very cute! If we were in Bologna again, we would definately stay here. I can recommend staying here for the location, wonderful rooms, breakfast and fabulous host!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzie J
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I got into Bologna relatively late at night. It was easy to find the street that the hostel was on. However with it being late at night, I walked by the entrance 3 times before I found it. So knowing ahead of time that there was not a big sign indicating that the B&B was there would have been useful. Nevertheless I found it. When I got in, Cristina brought me in and told me she'd changed my room because she thought it'd be quieter for me - a gesture I appreciated as I just wanted to go to sleep. The room was very homey and tidy, which I appreciated. The extra blankets provided were nice as it was quite cold. I'd hoped to embark early out into Bologna, but had to wait until she was up for breakfast (I think 8ish?). She had a wide selection of teas, and some sweet rolls with jam. As I was looking that was a little more hearty (that would keep me going for a full day of walking to the sites), I had some tea a roll and asked her for recommendations of where a grocery store was amongst other things.

My stay and contact with her was very brief since I got in and got out quickly. However, for the 20ish minutes that I spoke with her, she was very helpful. I wish the breakfast had been more substantial, however, the location justifies the price as most places in this area were significantly more expensive.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there for two nights and we really enjoyed it. Cristina is an excellent host, and gave us fantastic recommendations for restaurants and bars. The room had everything we needed and was clean. Breakfast is served from 8 to 10, and we were given cakes, toast & jam, ham, fruit, coffee, etc. And you couldn't beat the location! The B&B is perfectly located, right in the city centre, and within walking distance to anything you could possibly want to visit in Bologna. So yes, I would definitely recommend Cristina's B&B!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple