“quiet and very central”

Cristina Rossi Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 302 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is almost a little hotel (up to 13 persons!), and Christina does a very good job.
The room was not too big, but clean and OK. Private bath next door.
Extremly quiet, but really just 3 minutes walk to Piazza Maggiore.
Good breakfast together with other travellers, from 0800 to 1000.
Highly recommendable at very reasonable price.
Only negative point: the cleaning in front of our room and in other rooms started around 0900 already.
Easy access with a code (mailed by SMS) at the front door, even if Christina might not be here when you arrive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights, and was definately the most welcoming place we had stayed in our two weeks in Switzerland and Italy. Cristina was very helpful and friendly. The double room we stayed in was light and airy, large and comfortable. The bathroom was just across the corridor - which was only used by ourselves - very clean. Towels and bathrobes were provided. Breakfast was great, selection of pastries, toast, breads. Cristina's home is lovely, and we felt very welcomed into her home. For the price of the B+B, the service and rooms are amazing. Her cats are also very cute! If we were in Bologna again, we would definately stay here. I can recommend staying here for the location, wonderful rooms, breakfast and fabulous host!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzie J
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I got into Bologna relatively late at night. It was easy to find the street that the hostel was on. However with it being late at night, I walked by the entrance 3 times before I found it. So knowing ahead of time that there was not a big sign indicating that the B&B was there would have been useful. Nevertheless I found it. When I got in, Cristina brought me in and told me she'd changed my room because she thought it'd be quieter for me - a gesture I appreciated as I just wanted to go to sleep. The room was very homey and tidy, which I appreciated. The extra blankets provided were nice as it was quite cold. I'd hoped to embark early out into Bologna, but had to wait until she was up for breakfast (I think 8ish?). She had a wide selection of teas, and some sweet rolls with jam. As I was looking that was a little more hearty (that would keep me going for a full day of walking to the sites), I had some tea a roll and asked her for recommendations of where a grocery store was amongst other things.

My stay and contact with her was very brief since I got in and got out quickly. However, for the 20ish minutes that I spoke with her, she was very helpful. I wish the breakfast had been more substantial, however, the location justifies the price as most places in this area were significantly more expensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there for two nights and we really enjoyed it. Cristina is an excellent host, and gave us fantastic recommendations for restaurants and bars. The room had everything we needed and was clean. Breakfast is served from 8 to 10, and we were given cakes, toast & jam, ham, fruit, coffee, etc. And you couldn't beat the location! The B&B is perfectly located, right in the city centre, and within walking distance to anything you could possibly want to visit in Bologna. So yes, I would definitely recommend Cristina's B&B!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emilie F
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The B&B has an excellent location right in the historical centre, but is also very quiet. You can walk to all the main sites. Cristina is a very friendly host, and very helpful. She is not at home all the time, but will sms clear instructions on how to get in. The breakfast is fairly typical for Italy - coffee and cakes, but we have had much worse at other places. We found the homey atmosphere quite nice, but it’s probably not for those who are used to clinical hotel rooms. The rooms are very different in size, and there is an apartment that would be good for longer stays. Bologna is very interesting: the food streets off the Piazza Maggiore, the cathedral, towers, churches, the anatomical lecture room of the old university, the food ...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is my first time in a B&B, so I do not know what to expect. (differences with hotel??)
My flight arrived at 23:05 so no welcome in the B&B, but this was no problem for me. Owner gave clear instructions how to get in, where to find the key to the room and where the room is located. The room was small, but enough for 1 person/1 night.
Breakfast was poor. Only toasted bread, jam, juice and coffee. No cheese/no fruit. But I think that only 2 rooms were in use, so maybe it depends on how many people she has for breakfast.
This just to inform
For me it was OK, I went to see Bologna. If I wanted a great room and great breakfast I booked myself a ****-hotelroom.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank NVanDyck
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I wasnt sure what to expect of this accommodation as it seems to have varying reviews, however we really had no problems. My daughter is allergic to cats and I had noticed a complaint about a cat in the house when I first booked. When I explained the position to Cristina she advised that the cat was her sister's but that it did not have access to the apartment and suggested we have this. The apartment was clean, spacious and had everything we needed including toilet roll (a recent complaint I noted was the lack of it). Cristina was welcoming to us and showed us to our room, Never had a problem with the locks! Cristina suggested she bring the breakfast to us to make sure our daughter did not have any problems. She arrived on time in the morning with a smile on her face. Breakfast fine as expected cake (very Italian) and plenty of it.
Really could not fault our stay. Also in the heart of Bologna and reasonable for price. Would be happy to stay again

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family