“Great location, very nice host”

Cristina Rossi Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 302 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The B&B has an excellent location right in the historical centre, but is also very quiet. You can walk to all the main sites. Cristina is a very friendly host, and very helpful. She is not at home all the time, but will sms clear instructions on how to get in. The breakfast is fairly typical for Italy - coffee and cakes, but we have had much worse at other places. We found the homey atmosphere quite nice, but it’s probably not for those who are used to clinical hotel rooms. The rooms are very different in size, and there is an apartment that would be good for longer stays. Bologna is very interesting: the food streets off the Piazza Maggiore, the cathedral, towers, churches, the anatomical lecture room of the old university, the food ...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is my first time in a B&B, so I do not know what to expect. (differences with hotel??)
My flight arrived at 23:05 so no welcome in the B&B, but this was no problem for me. Owner gave clear instructions how to get in, where to find the key to the room and where the room is located. The room was small, but enough for 1 person/1 night.
Breakfast was poor. Only toasted bread, jam, juice and coffee. No cheese/no fruit. But I think that only 2 rooms were in use, so maybe it depends on how many people she has for breakfast.
This just to inform
For me it was OK, I went to see Bologna. If I wanted a great room and great breakfast I booked myself a ****-hotelroom.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank NVanDyck
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I wasnt sure what to expect of this accommodation as it seems to have varying reviews, however we really had no problems. My daughter is allergic to cats and I had noticed a complaint about a cat in the house when I first booked. When I explained the position to Cristina she advised that the cat was her sister's but that it did not have access to the apartment and suggested we have this. The apartment was clean, spacious and had everything we needed including toilet roll (a recent complaint I noted was the lack of it). Cristina was welcoming to us and showed us to our room, Never had a problem with the locks! Cristina suggested she bring the breakfast to us to make sure our daughter did not have any problems. She arrived on time in the morning with a smile on her face. Breakfast fine as expected cake (very Italian) and plenty of it.
Really could not fault our stay. Also in the heart of Bologna and reasonable for price. Would be happy to stay again

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank trevandsheryl
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is a great little place right in the heart of Bologna's old town. Cristina, the owner, is lovely - very friendly and helpful. Although she was not at home while coming, she gave perfect instruction to find the key and to reach our room easly. The room#1 is very big with private big bathroom, very confortable. Good breakfast, juice, coffee, tea, cakes, fruits, cheese, jam etc... Besides, good rate for all. I strongly recommend you to stay Cristina Rossi when you visit beautiful city, Bologna

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2011

When I got there I was welcome by a number of text messages by the owner telling me where to find the keys and how to get in the room. After getting there with heavy baggages it is not nice not to see a welcoming face. The locks of the rooms are not perfectly functioning and without anybody telling us how to work them it took us ages to get to our room. Breakfast is really poor and she was in her nightgown, didn't even bother getting dressed. The place is not bacd, but for the cost I would have expected a lot more!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gardeniauk
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Although the room was spacious enough, the walls and surfaces were so crowded with family photos and personal effects that I almost felt as if I were imposing. The hostess was quite dismissive and distracted and never provided us with bath towels. The breakfast was almost non-existent: coffee, and dry toast with a teaspoon of jam. The location was okay as it was close to the bustling center of town. On the plus side the room was quiet and the bed comfortable. However, if you are looking for some charm and friendliness, look elsewhere for accommodation in Bologna.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

The location of this b and b could not be better!!! The breakfast provided was good, although little choice was offered. Our room (room 2 was very spacious), it was like you were staying at your aunts/a member of the family due to all the family photos on the wall, the shoes stored in the cupboard, the half used aftershaves in the bathroom cabinet, having said that it certainly gave the room a homely feel!!! I didn't mind this, as the actual accommodation was very good and reasonable for the price. Cristina provided an excellent service, very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple