“Read the good reviews but left disappointed”

Caffetteria Al Salam
Ranked #572 of 2,022 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 12, 2017

I brought my husband to Caffetteria Al Salam for lunch because he loves Middle-Eastern cuisine which he used to eat when he lived in France. We ordered a mix plate (carne) for 2 persons (20euro). Food was not very fresh, it was like leftover mix plate... Hummus was too liquid and no taste of chickpeas, garlic, lemon nor tahini... My homemade hummus from online recipe was much better than here. Quantity was very poor, it was like for one person... Only one small pita bread came with a 2 persons plate so we asked one more pita then we end up paying 20euro+2euro (extra pita). We are not big eater but because quantity was very poor we needed to go another place to eat proper lunch.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

This place is great for a lunch. The man who made the food was very friendly and funny. He made some jokes. The food was fresh prepared and tasted real good. I had a filled bun with falafel and my husband had kebab. I ordered a tea, where you don't have to pick a tea bag for, you will get your tea with a minty taste. I loved the tea.
After the lunch the man (the owner?) insisted that we would pick a sweet to eat. I had cinnamon cooky and my husband something with pistachio.
We definitely want to come back for dinner here!

Reviewed May 24, 2016

after visiting the Jewish museum today, we compensated with a Palestinian dinner snack. this small place looks like a fast food, but it offers some great dishes, well prepared by the king and the queen (see the menue). don't miss the sweets in the end, with an Arab coffee. lovely.

Reviewed November 13, 2014 via mobile

If you want to taste the best falafel in Bologna go to that amazing place. 2 bros. Tradition. Mixed with the tipical bolognese spirit. Best night in Bologna starts from al salam.

1  Thank Alberto Z
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Good food at very good prices.

You can get various menu items for 3 euros or a full lunch ("Antipasto normale") for 6 euros (not including beverage).

Excellent location, in University district.

Paying the bill was a bit weird. We weren't getting table service, so I stood in line with customers placing orders. Even so, it took 10 mins to get someone's attention to get il conto.