“Bologna Food Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bologna Food Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 30 Food & Drink in Bologna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: *** Tour operators (and Travel Agencies) provided with a regular license and insurance are the only ones authorized by Italian law to sell tours and travel packages.***As tour guides for 20 years we have been escorting tours throughout Italy and Europe. Well acquainted with the uniqueness of our country, we have become specialists in creating custom-made tours of our region. Emilia Romagna is known as the LAND OF MOTORS and as FOOD VALLEY! We offer unique personalized FACTORY and MUSEUM tours to FERRARI, LAMBORGHINI, DUCATI, MASERATI, PAGANI and TEST DRIVES! We arrange FOOD AND WINE EXPERIENCES with visits to the finest producers: PARMESAN CHEESE, PROSCIUTTO FROM PARMA, BALSAMIC VINEGAR, WINERIES, and more! We also organize REAL COOKING CLASSES and GOURMET WALKS!
Morristown, New Jersey
“Bologna Food Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent only one day in Bologna with Olga, and we wish it could have been more! Olga took us on the most amazing food tour in the heart of Bologna... from the chocolate, to the pasta, to the meats and cheeses... it was all incredible.

We learned more about Italian food in a few hours than we had learned thus far in our lives. She was so knowledgeable, courteous, engaging and sweet! It was absolutely one of the highlights in our two week trip throughout central and northern Italy. We would highly recommend anyone travelling to look her up and employ her! We can't wait to come back and will without a doubt make sure she is part of our itinerary.

Visited May 2013
Travelnotesitaly, Proprietario at Amazing Italy - Day Tours, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Joanna,
Thank you for your kind review! I’m happy you had a pleasant experience tasting the flavors of my city!
I hope that the good memory of your trip will bring you to my region once again! I will be more than happy to help you planning a new amazing tour!

Melbourne, Australia
“Two Weeks in Italy with Andrea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

This past November, my wife and I enjoyed a fantastically coordinated tour of Italy with Andrea (Andy) as our guide. It was one of the best experiences we've ever had abroad. Andrea is knowledgeable, humorous, and certainly passionate about the tourist's enjoyment and safety. With his gregarious personality and frequent observations about the nuances of Italy, it's not long before you're smiling along with him and looking forward to the day's sights.

On our tour, we saw Rome, Sorrento, Capri, the Amalfi Coast, Assissi, Venice, Milan, Lake Como, Verona, and Florence. Yet for all that, we didn't feel rushed, and at each location we had great information, sightseeing, and dining. History blended with leisure and of course, the raw beauty of Italy.

I give my full recommendation to seek out Andrea as your guide. You will have an a-mazing time.

Visited November 2012
Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your great review! It’s so gratifying to know you enjoyed the tour across Italy as well as my company! It was a pleasure to accompany you and your wife! Do not hesitate to contact me for any information or assistance when you decide to come back to Italy!
Kindest regards,

Andrea
Sacramento, California
“Thanksgiving In Tuscany 2008”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I spent a week in Italy on a group tour with Olga as our guide. She did everything possible to make our trip pleasant and interesting. Dealing with people of different ages and temperaments can be challenging. Olga was not only adept and diplomatic but always smiling with everyone in the group. One of our day trips could have been derailed by the weather and some people would have been flustered with this but Olga made a few calls and within minutes changed our itinerary. Our day went on as if it had always been part of the original plan. I read the other reviews here and all of them rate Olga as an excellent guide. I couldn't agree more. She is extremely knowledgeable about her field of expertise, professional, personable, and an all around interesting person. I have had three trips to Europe and of the three guides I have had, I absolutely put her at the top. I would arrange to have her as a guide again in a heartbeat.

Visited April 2012
Dear Kelly,

I'm sorry to answer to your review this late! I'm happy you enjoyed the tour so much! I always try to do my best to make people happy in order to leave wonderful memories of my region! Thank you for your appreciation! Hope to see you soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Overview of a Great City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just what you need - a knowledgable guide (art, food, history) and a nice leisurely stroll through the central part of the city and a "taster" of the attractions. Our guide (Olga Arena) answered out questions and walked us through markets, university and government buildings and - the highlight - a 17th century operating theatre in what was once the university's anatomy school. The nicest touch was when she phoned a local restaurant to make sure we would get a table for lunch and be looked after. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013
Dear Paul and Kary,

I'm sorry to answer to your review only now but I really want to say thank you for your appreciation! It really means a lot! I hope you enjoyed the tour so much to come back to my region!

Kindest regards,

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best memories in Bologna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Out of our two weeks in Italy in August 2012, the day we spent with Olga on “Bologna Motors and Flavors Tour” was the best. Warm, knowledgeable, and a very personal guide. The trip was extremely well organized and every place we stopped in exceeded our expectations. Whether it was at the cheese factory, balsamic vinegar producer, or Ferrari factory, Olga went out of her way to make sure our 10 and 13 years kids were engaged and interested as well. All their questions and requests were answered and much more.
We also had time to tour Bologna and Olga’s knowledge of the city (in the past and in the present) was unbelievable. Olga took us to the place where tortellini were made from scratch and our kids first, helped making it and then, enjoyed eating it. Recommendations for meats and cheese shops, restaurants, and best views in town were superb.
We can only hope that when we are in Italy again, we can tour with Olga again. Thank you!

Visited August 2012
Travelnotesitaly, Manager at Amazing Italy - Day Tours, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Lana,
I really enjoyed the tours with your wonderful family! Thank you very much for the great review.
I wish you, your husband and children all the best.
Anytime I drink a glass of our "Pignoletto" wine without label, I think of you!