“Wine+bruschetta”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nice place to come for a glass of wine with a delicious tomato bruschetta. This place is rather popular, so it's better to make a reservation in advance to be sure that you'll have a table.

1  Thank SashaChe86

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Loose yourself in one of Bologna's most beautiful corners, ever since you enter the place you are greeted by an extremely welcoming waitress, antipasti were excellent. But I think that pasta was the masterpiece of this place. Talgiatelle Bolognese, obviously (abundant portions at a reasonable price I must say). The highlight of this place however is the service. I would definitively come back.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I ate at cinque 50 a few nights ago whilst in Bologna for 3 days, and found the place to be brilliant. The owner took care of our table whilst we were there and he was so nice and pleasant (also speaks English very well, even though we know enough Italian to get by in a restaurant). The food was delicious, we had the sliced meat platter to start, penne alla puttanesca, tortellini in cream and a carafe of the Sangiovese from the region (ER), which was great quality. All the meals were great, not one complaint! We had a small chat to the owner after as we left, he's a really nice guy. Like I said, great service and great food. It's not a given in Italy, so we really appreciated it after 2 weeks of up and down food/service.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My partner and I came here for dinner and were bitterly disappointed. In Bologna, of all places, we were amazed that food this bad could be served. Here's what happened:
We ordered 1 tagliatelle bolognese, 1 tortellini with cream and a starter of tomato and mozzarella. The starter was really good, but more of a tribute to the produce than the kitchen, all they had to do was plate it up and serve it.
The pastas came out lukewarm. We ate a bit but it quickly got cold, we told the waitress who apologized and offered to reheat them on the stove, her exact words were "in the pan". We said ok. Now I really dont know what happened, later the owner told me it was a miscommunication with language barrier, but about 30 seconds later she returned our food to us piping hot. It obviously was microwaved, there is no doubt about it, despite the "no microwave!" sign in the front window. We were pretty hungry so ate our pastas but they were in no way fresh or homemade. While the ragu sauce was at least tasty, the tortelini were just sad. I felt sad eating it. We didn't finish it. We got up to pay and the waitress and the guy who I assume is the owner asked us if everything is ok, we said no, our food was served cold and then microwaved, it was not good. He told us we shouldve sent it back, we said we did.. seemed like trying to blame language difficulties for our bad experience rather than being served a bad meal, which is what actually caused it. They were both very nice and friendly about it, and offered us both a free lemonciello which we accepted, but the bill still came to 40 euro which is disgustingly expensive for the quality - MICROWAVED, NON HOMEMADE PASTA - we received. We should have taken our hunger somewhere else and refused to pay for the pastas when they were returned. My advice is not to waste your appetite here. I can only assume that the high reviews here are from tourists who have no idea what true, homemade pastas are supposed to taste like. We certainly didn't see any local or italian speaking people eating there. Just avoid.

13  Thank maow2593
aulirob, Proprietario at Cinque 50, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I suggest to the next person who speaks "only" a mixture of Arabic/English to ask twice if it does not fully understand what we propose. Alternatively there are many kebab in the area who can communicate fluently in Arabic.
Specifically:
1. if we say you that we offer good quality pasta but not homemade, do not understand that it is homemade
2. while you eat if we ask if everything goes well, you have every reason to ask us to remake the dish if this is not done well, but please do not come to the end of the plate to say it was not to your liking

Another tip:
when you receive your dish is nice for us to see that you take a lot of pics. But do not bother with more than 2 or 3 minutes. If you take a lots of pics and talk and spend too much time in this, it's logical that the dish gets cold. Obviously.

Finally:
if we try to understand each other, if we try to give you satisfaction, even when we know we have worked well and have given you some good food as in your case, please be honest with yourself and write in your review what really happened: I repeat what I've written before, it's nice to see a couple who look tenderly into his eyes and speaking words of love, but if you do become cold pasta may not be the fault of the operator. It might.

I conclude:
we apologize in advance with all the Arab peoples who speaks "ONLY" a mixed Arabic / English, we may find it difficult to understand you: we don't speak Arabic.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Based on other Tripadvisor reviews I went to Cinque 50 for a late lunch and was not disappointed. The service was excellent - prompt, friendly, and genuine. I ordered the Tagliatelle with Ragu (Bolognese) Sauce, and it was very good - not to mention the portion was huge! The other diners appeared to be locals, so it was a nice change of pace from the more tourist-frequented restaurants. If I was staying longer in Bologna I would definitely return to Cinque 50 for another meal.