“Excellent typical Bolognese dishes”

Osteria Alle Due Porte
Ranked #151 of 1,899 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Via Del Pratello houses a lot of birrerias. This Osteria is one of the few places in the street where you can eat. They have a broad choice of Bolognese pasta dishes, next to a fresh fish menu. The "passatelli with speck and radicchio" were terrific.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I ate here with a group if friends and tried several plates all were really exceptional (tagliatelle, tortelloni, polpette, budino della nonna, etc.) I am staying in Bologna for three more days and I will sure come back here :)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We tried to eat at this restaurant the day before - Tuesday - but that was their closed day. We returned for lunch on Wednesday. We saw they had a very reasonable fixed lunch special, but we did not want the items they were offering, so we ordered off the menu.

I was anxious to get tortelloni since Bologna is known for their tortellini (small) and tortelloni (big) stuffed pasta.

I splurged and got the most expensive pasta on the menu - the tortelloni with porcini mushrooms and tartufi (truffles). I must say - it was worth it. My husband got a special dish with orchietti, meatballs and involtini. It was delicious. With wine and water our bill was 53 euros, most of which was my pasta dish!

We returned for dinner and I got the orchietti dish my husband had for lunch and he had pasta with lamb sauce. With grilled vegetables, wine and water, our bill was 35 euros.

The restaurant is located in a lively student area. We had no problem dining early without a reservation, during the week. It would probably be a good idea to make a reservation if you wanted to dine later or on weekends.

The food was delicious and I would highly recommend this restaurant. Service was very good.

5  Thank luvroma2
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant was fairly close to our apartment, and based on that and the good reviews, we decided to try it. I had the tortellini in brodo...delicious. The breadbasket was fabulous. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I went here on my visit to Bologna for lunch and my lunch was delicious. There was an Italian family near me who's food also looked incredible. If I could have done, I would of ordered a bit of everything!

There were two young waiters who were very friendly and smiley. There were patient with me when I was speaking Italian and were very kind as well as good looking!

Highly recommended!