“CIBO Cooking School” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of CIBO Culinary Institute of Bologna

CIBO Culinary Institute of Bologna
More attraction details
Owner description: CIBO offers the ultimate Italian cooking experience. Enjoy short, half day or full day classes or a week long culinary adventure. Experience cooking lessons that are taught by professional restaurant chefs, in a fun foodie environment. Join us in downtown, historic Bologna or cook in our nearby countryside location.Classes are not demonstrations. At the Culinary Institute of Bologna(CIBO) you receive a true hands-on Italian cooking experience; you actively participate in the class and learn by actually cooking the dishes we prepare. Learn authentic Bolognese dishes from our professional chefs who are employed at local Emilia Romagna restaurants and trattorias. You will work with authentic recipes that have been handed down for centuries. You will perform cooking techniques that will quickly transform you into you into a great Italian cook.Choose from a multitude of cooking lessons. You may decide to take a few hours to a few days of classes, or enjoy a full week of culinary adventure in downtown Bologna and/or the nearby countryside in Ravenna. Select from the list of our Italian cooking courses. Almost every lesson includes a lunch or dinner.Prepare authentic Bolognese cuisine and then enjoy a wonderful meal that you created. CIBO loves amateurs, professionals, students and foodies, everyone is welcome at every level of expertise. Our professional chefs and staff provide instruction in a friendly, relaxed step-by -step instructional manner The staff will share their expert tips, methods and cookery and techniques. Our classes are not demonstrations but rather hands-on cooking classes offer a unique opportunity to learn from the very best!Using our state of the art professional kitchens will assure of learning quickly and effortlessly. Each kitchen is equipped with the latest kitchenware and cooking equipment.. At CIBO your are in the perfect setting in which to improve your cooking skills and have a fun filled culinary experience!
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CIBO Cooking School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had a wonderful day of culinary arts with CIBO. Stefano Corvacci and Giorgia Lagosti were very knowledgeable and interesting. It began at the market choosing our fresh ingredients for our two meals. We learned that simple ingredients create delicious traditional dishes. This is a very hands-on course. We learned by doing with detailed instruction for the beginner and expert as well. We feasted on soup, homemade pasta with three different sauces/ragus, salad, dessert and, of course, wine. We learned technique, history and cultural. We all loved sharing our culinary creations with our friends new and old. A memorable experience and highlight our our trip.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was staying in Venice but decided to spend a day in Bologna and experience a bit of the food that apparently makes the city special, by means of this cooking course. It was a first time experience for us two, so we don't know how it might compare to any other courses that may be out there, but we certainly found it very satisfying and enjoyable. We learned a lot of simple techniques where it counts, and how/where things are allowed to vary.
We did the 10:00-12:30 pasta making course. The time really flies by when you're trying to take it all in, and it's still amazing how much stuff you can get done in that time and it makes a very pleasant and lunch with a complimentary carafe of wine. Very open and accommodating staff.

Visited December 2012
Eugene, Oregon, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“When in Bologna, Cook as the Bolognans Cook.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

One of the highlights of my trip. I received one on one attention from both Giorgia Lagosti and Stefano Corvucci. They answered all my annoying questions and were very patient. Dishes were paired with local wines. If you calculate the price of a single meal and the experience gained it's totally worth the money. Don't cheat yourself of this experience. I only wish I had someone special to share my creations with. In addition, one of the restaurant chefs helped me with my hostel accommodations for that night.

Visited September 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Best cooking class ever taken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I looked at other cooking classes in Bologna but found the initial help from the CIBO staff for hotels, sights, etc...very accommodating. Also the price competitive. The class was great. Met with Stefano, the owner and head chef at Trattoria della Rosso. Learned how to make fresh tagliatelle and 3 different ragus (lamb, rabbit, and sausage). We then ate like kings with wine. Will definetly go with CIBO again.

1 Thank onthemove777
Wanaka
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Decision You Won't Regret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just two minutes walk from my Hotel Paradise was Stefano's Cooking School, recommended highly by the staff at the hotel. The hotel staff made enquiries the night before for me. It was so easy!
The following morning I joined Carol who had been to the market with Stefano prior to the class to get ingredients for the sauces. I was able to watch her make the sauces while I made pasta. You do need to take a camera! Stefano was hands on in showing exactly what to do, no NZ short cuts, and suggested I practised making it again in the afternoon when I was doing the Risotto Course. I loved the banter between Stefano and Sara, who makes the beautiful desserts for the restaurant. Four of us sat down at lunch time and scoffed what we had made with a glass of wine and one of Sara's mascarpone and chocolate desserts, so tasty. Warning - beware, it is all so delicious you just can't eat the lot!! Don't even try!

After a short nap back at the hotel I returned for the 3-6pm class to make Risotto. I was amazed at how little ingredients are actually needed to make these tasty dishes. I slaved away all afternoon under Stefano's watchful eye, and practised making my pasta . It was perfect timing. I made 3 delicious/ perfect risottos, no trouble at all. Unfortunately I hadn't realised, that when so much food is made, I could have invited my husband to come and share it. But that didn't stop Stefano and I. I must admit that by this time I was getting pretty full, actually I didn't eat much else for the following day except fruit salad.
This would be a great activity for a group, or as I did, just by yourself.
I agree with the other reviewers, it was a fantastic experience and most enjoyable day.
Stefano even returned my credit card to my hotel! (I was so bemused and full of good food I left it behind.) Professional to the max.

Barbara