“Good food...staff could be friendlier”

Ristorante Pizzeria Nino
Ranked #51 of 1,835 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Island of Gozo, Malta
“Good food...staff could be friendlier”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant. Food was good and prices are average. Pasta dishes are very good and the pizza too. We also tried one of the set menus which was also quite good. The waiter who served us seemed to be on automatic pilot....just took our orders, delivered the food nothing more nothing less. But on the whole a good experience and would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to friends.

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
“Perfecto!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant twice during Easter holidays recently. Yes we went back for a second time and that's how good it is!
Tried the egg plant (I thought it was the best dish I had in Italy), spaghetti and tagliatelle in bolognese sauce, seafood spaghetti, pizza magerita and desserts. We loved it. The food is simple, nothing fancy, yet the taste is unbelievable.
Had a very nice bottle of baberra from Emilia-Romagna region. The house wine was nice too.
Paul was our server on both nights. He was friendly and we find him funny too.
Will definitely return.
Bravo to all in Nino.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“PLEASANT SURPRISE”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

On New Year's night when a lot of places were closed and down an inauspicous side street we stumbled upon NINO and were very glad that we did.

Enticed by the menu that offered so much more than pizza and the standard pasta dishes we went inside and waited ages to be shown to a table by staff who didn't seem to happy to be working that night but it soon got better once our waiter arrived and we'd ordered.

After the previous nigh'ts excesses we each had only one course but these were both seafood pasta dishes that were define, lovely crispbread to accompany and a good house red to wash it down.

Our waiter was a real gent, a young lad who was born in Toronto but moved back to his parents country when they had had enough of the cold he made our evening and I never mind looking at pictures of Marilyn Monroe when I'm eating either, good value.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ian F
Carlton
“Great food”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Niño s was recommended by the owner of the apartment were we stayed in Bologna. We had a lovely lunch on 28 November. Husband had spaghetti marinara, and cotolette, I had risotto, and Zappa marinara, all the food was delicious .

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Personalized service”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The staff are very welcoming and considerate. I have a food allergy and they reviewed the menu with me to ensure I knew what I could and could not eat. The tortellini en brodo and seafood ravioli were divine. We returned a few nights later and the head waiter remembered my food allergy and again steered me toward specials I could eat and away from those I couldn't.

Visited October 2012