“hole in the wall, arrive early”
Review of Pasta Fresca Naldi

Pasta Fresca Naldi
Ranked #9 of 1,885 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is not a restaurant, it's a self service bar set in a hole in the wall, away from the touristy areas. Do not expect ambience but you get delicious, affordable, fresh pasta.

Do arrive early. I got there at 1145, they open at 12, but they took my order. (It's less embarrassing when struggling to order with no one around). The locals start arriving at 12. It's always a sign when the local patronize the place. Lost looking tourist start showing up at 1230 as I left.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My girlfriend had gone here a week before and made me swear that I would return with her. After hearing her description of three generations of Italian women helping make this place run, I was sold. We decided to split three things and we were not sorry. We went for a ragu, a sausage in cream, and a pumpkin stuffed ravioli. The pasta was perfectly al dente, the sauces not overpowering but flavorful, and the portions ample (if you're a really hungry American glutton like me get two, their usually only 6 euros each). Expect a little chaos and a bit of a line as this place is a popular lunch spot for locals.

1  Thank jamory11
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We'd found this on trip advisor before we left and decided to give it a shot - we were not disappointed! For roughly 5 euro each, you match a pasta with a sauce and a 'nonna' wags her finger at u, tells u "no no no" and then points to which sauce she is willing to serve with which pasta :-) Then she goes into the back and packages it for take away. We took ours and ate it at the base of Neptune's fountain.

We ordered three between us: the tagliatelle bolognese (OUTSTANDING), the tortellini w/ a red sauce (SO GOOD), and macaroni with an asparagus cream sauce. The last one, while I'm sure I would have loved it in any other situation, was overshadowed by the other two here.

2  Thank kissthefr0g
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We tried this place, recommanded by a friend's friend.
This place is ideal for lunch. Fresh amazing pasta. It is like a take away restaurant that you should not miss in Bologna.
Would definitely recommand it!

2  Thank daniele90210
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had an amazing experience. The food is really good. Best pasta I've ever had!!!! The staff was really nice!! And it was cheap!
Try it!