“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
Waukesha
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

While traveling on business, I stayed at Aemilia and recommend it very highly. Every member of the staff was wonderful and I found the walk to the city center to be pleasant, wandering under the porticoes with my map in hand. I had the biggest breakfast I was offered in Europe during my 2 week stay and caught up on some email while enjoying the view from the rooftop seating area. Absolutely no complaints about the room or location or anything, really. Great hotel in a charming city.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the city center, which was lovely, but a quick trip to the roof would enabl...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Fomanager69, Responsabile reception at Aemilia Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was really pleased that you took the time to leave your fantastic comments about your recent stay at the Aemilia Hotel on trip advisor.
I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

With My Best Regards

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed for three nights in the second week of February for a long weekend. My boyfriend (now fiancé!) surprised me with a weekend to Bologna and had booked this hotel for our stay. The hotel is a little out of the way (you definitely need to get a taxi there from the main station!) but once you get your bearings, it is only a 15 minute walk into the centre of Bologna. The rooms were very spacious (bed was huge!) and clean. The buffet breakfast each morning was great and there was a huge selection of hot and cold food. The hotel has free wifi which is great when you are searching for reviews of restaurants to go to(!) but make sure you ask reception for a code for each device you intend to use. We had two i-phones and an i-pad and were only told after the codes stopped working a few times we needed one for each device! The staff at the hotel were absolutely lovely and very helpful. My fiancé proposed on our first night in Bologna and after we came back to the hotel, although it was pretty late and the bar was closed, one staff member kindly reopened the bar so that we could celebrate with more Prosecco! I would highly recommend Hotel Aemilia and if we were to return to Bologna we would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank clairiebelle
Fomanager69, Responsabile reception at Aemilia Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was really pleased that you took the time to leave your fantastic comments about your recent stay at the Aemilia Hotel.
I hope that you will come back and stay with us again .

Best regards

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Great hotel, amazing breakfast spread! Up the block from a train stop makes it convenient to get around or a long walk to the center (20 minutes).

1 Thank BK_Lolita
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your positive feedback.
I am satisfied that you have enjoyed your stay at Aemilia Hotel!
With my best regards

Oxford, England
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Following the good reviews on this site I booked three nights for my wife and I and another couple. I have to say we were not disappointed. Excellent friendly and helpful staff, very good rooms which were quiet and spacious.

The breakfast (included in the price) was fantastic. Eggs, bacon and sausages as well as a full selection of continental breakfast. This was all a buffet service so you could eat as much as you wanted.

No coffee or tea facilities in the room which was odd but there was a machine on the first floor where you could get hot drinks free all day up until 6pm.

We hadn't intended on eating dinner in the hotel but did so on two of the nights and were very happy with the food ( and usual excellent service). The price was pretty much in line with some of the local restaurants we checked out.

It is a good 15 minute walk from the town but it is an easy walk with no main roads to cross. The airport was 17.50 euros by taxi and the railway station 6 euros - we did a day trip to Florence which takes 37 minutes on the superb trian and cost about 20 euros per person return.

Would definetly use again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Higher floors give a better view of the city.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kgmcguk
Fomanager69, Responsabile reception at Aemilia Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for take a time to leave your great comment !! I was really pleased to read your feedback about your recent stay at the Aemilia Hotel
Looking forward to welcoming you again

With my best regards

Brasilia/Df - Brasil
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The hotel is very well located, near the historical centre of Bolonha. The breakfast was superb, as the bed and the room in general. Staff was very professional and helpful. A good choice in this city.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cristiane_Brum
Fomanager69, Responsabile reception at Aemilia Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your great feedback. I was really pleased to read your great comments about your recent stay at Aemilia Hotel.
I really hope that you will visit us again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly prior to your arrival
Best Regards

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Great breakfast, nice large room, quick check in, quick check out- really a good hotel!
Only downside is that there are hotels closer to the train station or the centre of town, but at the price we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Fomanager69, Responsabile reception at Aemilia Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Guest

I thank you for your positive comment.
I am satisfied that you have enjoyed your experience at Aemilia Hotel
Best Regards

New York
Reviewed February 3, 2012

2012 Marked at least the fifth straight year my colleague and I have stayed at this property during the Marca Bologna Trade Fair. The courtesy and service gets better each year, and it is quite a delight to be recognized and welcomed back.

The location, just outside the walled city, is close enough to be within walking distance from all the shops, sights and great food. This location makes it an ideal spot if you are driving and need secure parking.

An excellent wine bar, room service, breakfast room and restaurant mean if you arrive late and tired, you can stay in and chill out.

Oh, one last thing, it's a great value as well.

Room Tip: Face the town and mountains.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank PhilENewYork
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your great feedback. I was really pleased to read your great comments about your recent stay with us.
I hope that you will came and stay with us again soon when I would like to personally welcome you back to The Aemilia Hotel.
With My Best Regards