“notable architecture”
Review of Torre Prendiparte

Torre Prendiparte
Ranked #25 of 378 things to do in Bologna
Reviewed January 5, 2014

yet another tower in a city that brings the tourist to walk around looking to the sky like in manhattan. I have not managed to climb it (for that the Asinelli is still the easiest and best) but a walk around in a clear day showed its beauty.

1  Thank burgundio
"ladder"
"exercise"
"beauty"

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Very cool and impressive structure. I highly recommend going up the tower, it costs 3 euros but well worth it in my opinion. You climb 498 steps to get an amazing view.

2  Thank jakeraz24
Reviewed November 19, 2013

3 Euro's - Bargain. The steep winding stair case is not for the faint hearted but the view from the top was beautiful.

2  Thank aquaporin
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As we don't do museums - we seemed to be wandering around Bologna aimlessly and came across this tower. It was only 3 E each to climb.
The staircase is very narrow and winding and quite challenging. There are lots of platforms to climb but it is worth the effort from the view at the top - even though it was quite misty when we climbed.
Would recommend.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 6, 2013

As a surprise for my birthday, my boyfriend brought me to the aperitivo on top of the tower featuring live jazz music (they only do this in June and July, once a week). Climbing up the narrow wooden stairs was quite an adventure (getting back down was nerve-wracking), but it was all absolutely worth it for the fabulous experience. The view of Bologna is spectacular...unlike any other view of the city I had seen before. We were lucky to catch it on a clear day and to be there for the beautiful golden sunset (yes, I took lots of pictures). The music was just right for setting the mood and, while no one else was dancing, that didn't stop us. Wine and some light hors d'oeuvres were served throughout the evening (not enough to take the place of dinner, so it's best to eat a little something beforehand). It is also wise to use the restroom on the way up since it's way down toward the bottom of the tower. This was definitely one of the highlights of my summer and certainly one of the most memorable things I've done in the city. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to celebrate my birthday. He definitely hit a home run with this one! Very highly recommended!

2  Thank hibouboo