“Lovely B&B”

and 1 more site!
San Petronio Vecchio
Ranked #44 of 312 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at San Petronio Vecchio B&B over a long weekend. It was in a wonderful location, close to everything, yet on a quiet street so we we able to get good sleep.

Our hostess was extraordinarily helpful with food recommendations as well as making reservations at local restaurants. We were also extended a late checkout at no fee as we had a late flight out.

The room featured the best bed we've slept on in Europe as well as clean and high quality linens. The towels were also high quality. The bathroom was much larger then we've come to expect in Italian city centers and was appreciated.

The room also included a low priced minibar, a free coffee machine, and some snacks and basic kitchen equipment. We were able to enjoy a dinner easily in the room after a busy day.

The room featured a flat screen tv (we didn't use) and wireless which was important as I have to attend to business and my husband is a student. The wifi was very fast and we never lost service.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a comfortable resting place who values being in the city center with easy access to restaurants and sights.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geminijen77

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed in B&B San Petronio Vecchio during the Cosmoprof fair from 7th to 11th of March 2013. Its located in the orginary house on the second floor. There are a few rooms in this B&B, it looks like big appartment which was rebuilt for a few separate rooms. The centre of Bologna is just in 10 min walking distance. The room is quite big and absolutely clean. The bathroom is big, very modern and stylish. There is everything inside the room what modern hotel has: the slippers, towels (very good quality), showergels, shampoos. And even more: the plate of fruits, small coffeemachine, minibar full of drinks (included in the price), different cookies and small cakes. You can have breakfast in the room and they give you the reciepe to have breakfast in the nearest bar. But there is no big choice of food there (actually its only drinks and some buns). I would like to say thank Elizabett, the owner of this B&B, she was really nice and helpful. As for the value price and quality I can say nothing, because we stay there during Cosmoprof fair and the price of all hotels there was incredable high. What was unusuall for me that there was no reception desk there and in case if you have some question, you have to call to Elizabett. In general I can say that I and my team found this hotel very nice and we wil stay there next time for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Every time a go to Bologna I enjoy my time here, in the heart of the city centre. Quite place, owners very kind, very good quality of facilities. I just hope it will not became too popular otherwise I will not find availabilityx anymore! :-)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2013

but better! My boyfriend and I spent a great weekend in Elisabetta's B&B during our first stay in Bologna. The top reason why we would definitely go back is the service. Elisabetta is a busy woman, but she always finds the time to fulfil your requests: from extra blankets to dining suggestions. She even provided us with a cough syrup for my sick boyfriend. Her apartment is clean and tidy, and beautifully renovated. Although we could not order a proper breakfast in our room, we were given a coupon to buy a typical Italian breakfast (cappuccino and cornetto) in a nearby cafe. There is also a courtesy espresso machine in our room. The location is very nice and very central, so that you can walk under the portici to the main square.

Room Tip: Choose the one with the fancy shower
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this B&B whilst we were in Bologna for the weekend. We both really enjoyed staying here - it was very close to the centre and there was a great little Jazz bar at the end of the street.

Elisabetta (the owner) was really friendly and welcoming. The room was modern and well-stocked and had a great chromotherapy shower with a radio!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have stayed in this b&b for two nights. The b&b is actually the house of elisabetta. The house is three bedrooms and one living room of which two rooms are used for bb stay.

Although bologna is a small town, the bb is well located just a ten minute walk from the city enter.

No breakfast served but Elisabetta has an agreement with a nearby coffeehouse where you can get a coffee and croissant or similar.

The beds are very comfortable, rooms are clean. So it's a god value for price.

Don't forget to call in advance and let elisabeeta know the exact time your are coming, because the bb doesn't have any reception as would be expected from a house.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our room was cozy, beatiful and really clean. There were many facilities in the room, the location is great as it is 5 mins on foot to the city centre. Our communication with Elisabetta (the owner) was excellent! we would definitely go back!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple