“Greatest experience I had in italy!”

Il Salotto di Penelope
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a cookign scool and we offer every day classes for people who are interested in Bolognes and Italian food tradition.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This class was amazing, I absolutely recommend this. The food was amazing, the teachers, Barbara and Valera, were so friendly and I had great fun making food with them. I now know how to make an authentic Tagliatelle al Ragu, and it tastes absolutely fantastic!

If you can only attend one class I HIGHLY recommend the Bolognese traditions class, where I made three different kinds of pasta, including the famous Tagliatelle al Ragu.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been to many cooking classes in Italy and in Europe since I am a food lover, but Salotto di Penelope really exeeped my expectations! When picking a cooking class in Bologna you should be careful, because there are many tourstic courses and activites offered by not Italian or professional cooks. Believe me Barbara and Valeria are really Italian "sfoglina" which means pasta sheet makers if you are looking for a literal translation!
They tought me how to make the real meat sauce - ragu which is prepared with no garlic or origano...., the pasta sheet, tortelloni pasta stuffed with ricotta, parmesan and parlsey, tagliatelle and delicious gnocchi with tomato sauce. We prepared everything! The sauces, the dough, the sheet, the pasta sheet, and three different kinds of home made pasta!
The setting was really plesant too. At the end of the class (about 3 hours) we had dinner together with our chefs!
I really enjoyed. It was a lot of fun.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

A friend and I took this class and it turned out to be one of the best parts of my entire trip to Italy. Barbara and Valeria walked us through the steps to prepare gnocchi, ragu sauce, tomato sauce, tortelloni, and tagliatelle pasta. I learned so much--culture as well as cooking techniques, came home with recipes and have made the gnocchi & tomato sauce to rave reviews (although I often wished to have the wonderful teachers at my side, telling me if I was on the right track). I would take another class from them in a minute and would highly recommend this class to anyone who would like to explore Italian cooking.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a great way to spend 4 to 5 hours in Bologna, cooking, eating and enjoying the company of really two great people. The setting is top of line line cooking school in a relaxed setting.

We prepared home made, from scratch, spinach lasagna with a ragu that was out of this world. We also made the lightest gnocchi I have ever had in a light tomato sauce. We also made fried bread and ate that with the most creamy cheese and that went perfectly with it. We were also served mortadella that was from heaven. Some wine, great conversation were followed by home made risotto cake filled with crushed nuts cookies.

We learned a good deal of great technics in the class that we will certainly use. Can't wait to make the recipes.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was by far one of our favorite meals in Italy and we got to make all of our pastas and sauces ourselves. We learned so much and Barbara and Valeria were fantastic teachers and very passionate about their craft and city. We could only visit Bologna for a shirt period of time but this experience will stay with us long after our trip was over. A must do if you are here.