“Good Pizza and relaxing evening”
Review of Fraiese

Fraiese
Ranked #556 of 1,907 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Porto
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I was on a business trip and was looking for something close to the hotel so I could walk. Our hotel directed me to Fraiese and I was not dissapointed. I ended up going two evenings in a row and had a warm greeting both times upon arrival.

The atmosphere was very relaxing with people sitting around and enjoying the evening. The wait staff was friendly and you never felt rushed at any time while enjoying your meal.

I had the pizza and a beer for my dinner and really enjoyed it. There is a wide selection on the menu besides the pizza but it was so good the first night, I tried a new one the second time. The size is big enough for two people. The dessert (tried a different one each night) was good also.

When you leave, you are full and for a reasonable price (pizza's are about 5-6 euro's). If you are in the area, it is worth a try.

1  Thank AFD22

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and we ended up going twice. All the local specialty dishes here and so cheap too. The pizzas are great and the pasta too - I loved the tortellini with butter and sage - and the seafood pretty unbeatable! We had four mains, wine, beer, soft drinks, one dessert to share, espresso and limoncello and came to €56! All four of us were stuffed and the atmosphere was great - all locals eat here and packed out on mid week nights so do book beforehand. Staff speak little English but we got along just fine!! They have two copies of menus in English which did make it a little easier to order! Give this a go - you won't be disappointed. We are real foodies and I've travelled Italy a lot and this made my stay.

1  Thank gemmamog
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We love Fraiese for its atmosphere, staff and food.
We like it because it's unpretentious.
The pizzas are rather good and the fish too.
Rich menu.
Its asset is the price - very good compared to what usually happens in Bologna.
The waiters are very helpful.
It's very popular in Bologna.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We ate here twice once for dinner and once for lunch. Very busy full of locals which I think is always a good sign. Varied menu both food and price so something to suite each taste and pocket.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I was recently in Bologna with my family. I had selected a few restaurants that seemed promising but failed to consider that it was Sunday night and most of them were closed. I asked at the front desk of our hotel and was told that for seafood and pizza this restaurant was very good and it was. First, I have high expectations when it comes to food, I The pizzas were first rate, baked in a wood fired oven and were beautiful to look at, wonderful to taste and reasonable in price (margarita for 4.5 euro). Tortellini in brodo was a HUGE portion of very tasty tortellini in a well made broth. An assortment of pasta dishes were all prepared very well. Since, I live on the water and am used to fresh seafood I didn't follow the advice of the desk clerk and try the seafood. I made a mistake! Seated at the table next to us was a local soccer team. They were served platter after platter of delectable looking and smelling seafood. Even though we were offered an English menu, as far as I could tell we were the only tourists in what is clearly a restaurant that caters to the local population. That being said, the service couldn't have been more accommodating. Dinner, more food than we could finish, desert and a bottle of decent wine were 80 euro. If you are looking for a fancy place to wine, dine and impress go elsewhere, but if you are hungry and want authentic food that tastes great and won't break the bank check this place out you won't be sorry.