“Pleasant Accident”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Pleasant Accident”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were off the beaten track in Bologna late in the afternoon and happened upon this terrific little restaurant. It was the first evening in Italy and we had a fantastic meal. Fresh seafood is listed on a large blackboard. The ambiance and service was great and set the tone for a wonderful vacation.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Debbie B

Tucson, Arizona
“Seafood Par Excellence”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

One of my colleagues from Bologna took me to this restaurant, telling us that it offers one of the best seafood dishes in Bologna. The restaurant has its origin in Sicily, and the dishes represent the cuisine from that region.

We were not disappointed! While I have no clue that was ordered (it was a verbal discussion, without any menu, between my colleague and the waiter), I can summarize that the dishes were very well executed, the antipasti, the seafood ravioli, the mussels and the main fish dishes provided a wonderful portfolio of flavors.

If you travel to Bologna, and if you know a local, you should go there. However, I have my doubts that you would get the same treatment and dishes if you are just a visitor, I had the feeling that we got better service than the tables around us.

• Visited June 2013
“Down to earth perfection”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Since discovering this place about 15 years ago, have always dropped by whenever I am in Bologna. Superb food and drink, service, and atmosphere, and always comforting. Delicate flavours, light and very simple. Excellent, fresh seafood - and great value. Despite the reviews from tourists listed here, always seems to be frequented by locals.
One of my favourite Italian restaurants in the world - Grazie, La Cambusa!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ippei2008
Moorhead, Minnesota
“Poor service for one”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was glad to find a fish restaurant, and a place on a Saturday night, though I arrived early, before 9. The food I had was good (small ravioli--"caramelle" with salmon, and grilled sole. But I was there alone, and the service was poor for a table with one. I never got any bruschetta at the start, as other tables did when it got busy at 8:30, and which other reviews. The other tables around me had 3 and 5 persons, some known to the staff. They were treated well. I was given little advice about what to order (e.g., side dishes, not listed on the menu). Once it got busy after 8:30 I was ignored. It appeared to me that if there are at least three of you, you will be treated well. I believe. a really good restaurant will treat all guests, even one person dining alone, graciously. The menu was great, but the service for me was poor. That was unpleasant enough that I won't likely return.

• Visited November 2012
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fish”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had dinner at La Cambusa tonight, what a wonderful meal. The owners are Sicilian and know their way with fish and seafood. We started with vongole alla tarantina (tiny clams cooked in white wine and garlic) and spaghetti with crab, followed by a whole roasted rombo (turbot) for two, and finally exquisite cannoli. With a bottle of very good Falanghina from Campania and coffee, 80 euros -- a remarkably low price by North American standards. Don't miss La Cambusa if you like fish and seafood!

• Visited July 2012