“Somewhat dated, but GREAT breakfast buffet!”
Review of Grand Hotel Elite

Grand Hotel Elite
Ranked #48 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed in this hotel with our kids, aged 10 and 14. We were lucky enough to receive an upgrade upon check-in because we had used credit card miles to book it. We ended up in a fairly nice, but dated suite with it's own bar. I'm sure this was a very fancy hotel in the 60s and 70s. The hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful. There is internet access on a computer in the lobby. The breakfast buffet was the best we had in four countries. The location is not ideal as it is not located within the historic section, however you can easily travel there on a city bus that picks up right outside the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2011

I spent 10 days in this hotel and there were a lot of good things to say about this hotel and some not so good.

Good things:
The safe was friendly and able to answer most of my questions or concerns, especially when the shower was not working properly and giving boiling hot water and was able to get me and my children another hotel room right away.
I was given a nice parting gift when I left.

Bad things:

The hotel staff did not know where the closest laundry mat was, also, they say in their little pamphlet that you have access to homelike facilities for extended stay. What is their terms for extended stay, I mean, most people stay a few days, I was there 10 days and had to hand wash all my clothing and hang it up to dry in various places in the room. Not fun with 3 kids.
The breakfast was usually cold, even the hot items were cold.
The internet that I was paying for was down or dropped more times then I was on.
There was nothing in this hotel, and not able to find a place to do anything (ie pool, or anything)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I traveled with three girlfriends, and we traveled cheap. I had no expectations for this property at all. We were VERY happily surprised by beyond gorgeous views, by far the largest hotel room we had on our trip, and super cool room perks, like two deep closets, a full seated bar, mini fridge, gigantic bathroom, and expansive deck outside. We would have stayed a week had we known what we were getting for such a low fare. The front desk service was very nice too, and helped us get train schedules and transportation.

I don't know the name of it, but there is a shop a few hundred yards away with the BEST gelato ever... mascarpone and fig! To die for.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2011

i found this a rather quaint hotel,which at first looks a bit dated but is quite charming.the wood panelling may not be to everyones taste.however it is really good value,the breakfast buffet was excellent,though i did not use the restaurant.the downside is that it is a good 15-20 minute walk into the centre of bologna.the rooms were on the small side but cosy and very clean.the lift was a bit noisy but being a heavy sleeper it was not really a problem.the staff are really efficent and quite helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tigerdw
Reviewed April 26, 2011

The hotel is a 20 min walk to the centre so great for exploring the city there are also good bus links, the staff on reception were very helpful and polite and showed us to our room on arrival. The room was beautiful, it was large and clean and it was great having a balcony!
We had the buffet breakfast, there was a large selection and was of a good standard.
We loved the room and the staff made us feel very welcome, we would definitely stay here again, Bologna is a beautiful city and this hotel makes the stay even better.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BoatEnki
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The most important thing about this hotel is the fact that it is not right in the centre, but it has a bus stage, going to the centre, just 100 metres and another one coming from the centre, just in front of it. The Bologna transport system is quite easy to get s to and very efficient. The street fronting this hotel is quite busy, but I was lucky to have one at the back, so no noise, as I had seen from other reviews. I had booked a room for 2 adults and 2 children and I have to say that it was enormous, considering other hotels which I went to. It had a full kitchenette, 2 separate wardrobes, a terrace and even a space for a desk. I highly recommend it, considering the prices of other hotels in the centre.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Preparing for my trip to Bologna I've read some information about hotel. It was written that it's a walking distance to the downtown, but in real it takes about half an hour to get to the historical centre on foot. But during this trip you can enjoy this wonderful city with all it's portici!
So, I checked-in in the afternoon. When we entered the hotel, reception staff was in the back office. Chek-in procedure took me about 2 min (everything was already pre-paid).We didn't get any information about the hotel. We were two on the front desk but nobody asked if we gonna stay together or not. About room supplement for the second person they informed us on the next day when we came back late in the night and we had to pay extra 30 euro per night, though the room was double!
I've booked a double room, but the beds were twin. The room was rather spacious and clean. Housekeeping department service was perfect!
Breakfast was ok. The staff on the breakfast was sleepy and tired. Nobody asked us room number when we entered.
Soundproofing system is absent. We could hear all words of our neighbours and it always seemed like somebody entered our room. In the nights I heard noise from air conditioning...
As i work in a 5star hotel in Russia, I want to note that the service is not up to 4 stars. reception staff is not very friendly, they almost don't smile. The only efficient person on the front desk is night manager. He is very communicative and helpful (Unfortunaly, I don't remember his name)
Well...I spent there only 4 days and I don't think that I ever come back to this hotel. You can find centrally-located hotels for the same price with the same conditions.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple