“Great location and friendly staff”
Review of Metropolitan Hotel

Metropolitan Hotel
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here just for 1 night - the lady on reception with the curly hair was so welcoming and helpful when I checked in. The hotel is modern and clean and my room was great, as was the large, lovely bathroom. Nice to have a kettle and tea/coffee in the room too, though lacked a view, not that it mattered for my short stay. Breakfast was excellent-a good variety, well presented and another smily member of staff. I believe Theo's am outside courtyard too, although I didn't have time to see. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Katy L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel is in a great location on a quiet pedestrian street just off the main shopping street in Bologna. The staff are excellent, very welcoming and friendly. The hotel decor is bright, light and modern. The room was quiet, comfortable and very clean. It is also very good value for money. I had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Because they have no facilities like a conferenceroom, they can't have 4 stars.
But all the rest is at least 4-star!!
The hotel is located very close to one of the major roads (pedestrian zone), and only 500 meter from the central Piazza Maggiore.
The entrance is nice designed and the welcoming was fantastic. The people are really very helpful.
Nice decorated breakfast-room and on the breakfast-buffet you can find everything that you need.
We have chosen for an upgrade to a junior-suite (only 40 € extra/night). There are 4 very quiet, nice furnitured and spacious suites with some design-touches, open rainshower etc...around a small roofgarden with olives trees.
You easily can spend 2 full days around in the old town, and it is better to stay 3 nights, so you can tast the amazing Italian food they serve you there. Where else in the world you can eat better "Spaghetti Bolognaise" than in Bologna you guess??
And a great "pied-à-terre" in this city is this hotel. Some foodsteps away from the historic buildings and shops.
More than worth the money!! Deserve at least 4 stars!!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in August. Great location, just off the main covered walk into the central piazza. The staff were great with giving us pointers on locations of things to see and also sorting out where to park our hire car etc.. The girl who works in the breakfast area is great too - very friendly and chatty. The breakfast itself was good too. Some nice additional touches to the usual fare that you'd expect.

There is room for improvement going forward: the bathroom was quite dated and not in keeping with the modern image portrayed, particularly the shower cubicle which was so small I could hardly move (and Im skinny). Perhaps some bathrooms have been updated already - I don't know. Also, and it sounds trivial but were woken up several times by people slamming their doors which made things in our room shake. It's a small building with heavy doors so I know there isn't a huge amount could be done but it would be worth reminding guests to be courteous as it spoilt a couple of nights sleep for us.

Overall very good. With a better bathroom, I wouldn't hesitate to book again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We loved this hotel in the heart of the city. It was very clean and well maintained. We had a beautiful room with a small balcony which was modern. The staff are very helpful because we came on a day where they closed the streets and had to park a couple of blocks away. The staff came with us to get our vehicle so...when using GPS park as close as you can and walk (take the advice GUYS!!!) GPS will NOT get you there. For the price we got a Great deal, the hotel is worth much more if you upgrade to the really nice rooms which isn't expensive. We give this hotel a 10.

Room Tip: I would totally recommend this hotel
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Bologna in mid August is hot and stuffy - and the Metropolitan hotel was a lovely quiet, cool respite. I had booked 2 standard room - one for our son and the other for the two of us. Our room at the back was reasonable size , recently renovated and minimalist but very comfortable- even a kettle and coffee/tea, which is unusual in Europe. The air conditioning was quiet and effective , comfortable bed and free wifi. The bathroom was spotless but unfortunately there was a nasty smell from a drain that could not be sorted out as all the workmen are on holiday in August. The other room was very small - fine for an overnight stay and if you do not spend much time in the hotel - which was my son's case anyway - but opt for a room at the back if you like a quiet room, not at the side. The from rooms overlook the pedestrian alley and a nearby bar, which could be a problem from noise. On the way back, we were given a superior room - at the back, quiet and in fact is a little suite which is more traditional styled. It had a lovely bathroom with original fixtures., so well worth paying a bit extra for if you are spending a few nights in town.
Breakfast was very good, a range of fruit, pasties, cereals. jogurts , etc. The staff were helpful when I called to book and in person when we arrived or had any questions.
The hotel has an arrangement with a secure parking garage - which is important if you are travelling by car as parking is not easy in the centre of town.
Great value- certainly at this time of year and I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, try to avoid a room at the side as they are smaller. Worth upgradin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed at the sister accommodations - Met apartments for three months April- Jul 2013. Mr Claudio runs his staff to perfection. clean, polite, respectful and oriented to the customer. The entire building was under surveillance, so the thought of not being " watched" was never an issue. As much as I felt safe, it came at a high price only to find out later from locals. The few but big complaint I have was The apartments NOT Hotel Internet service is not equipped for true business workers. I had to continue to sign on the server, lost a lot of time. The heat was turned off for 45 days and it was cold , a few days it hailed, i was told the city turns of the heat so I was given a blanket - I still froze. Lastly, this is my pet peeve, have extra towels. When I asked I was given however , I think the maids might be on a mission to save on laundry. Overall , beautiful , efficient , clean and high service of client services. Mr Claudio I applaud you for your attention for detail. Thank you

Room Tip: Apartment fourth floor because these clients are staying longer than a few days. Constant calmness i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business