“Unexpected great find in also Unexpectedly lovely Bologna”
Review of Metropolitan Hotel

Metropolitan Hotel
Ranked #8 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We just completed a 3 night stay in Bologna, the purpose of our visit being my son's desire to go on a Supercar Tour of Lamborghini, Pagnini, Ferrari, Maserati etc. Let me make it clear that the arrangements for the Supercar Tour was also facilitated by email by the most helpful staff of Metropolitan Hotel and Suites. We stayed in the Suites~Apartments.. The facility was clean, spacious, had two sleeping areas and facilities to cook a basic meal as well as a fridge etc. The Hotel itself is about 100 metres away and all the Hotel facilities including breakfast are available to the Apartment guests. All restaurant recommendations by the staff were thoughtful and accurate as well as general touring advice. We did not try the breakfast as we were sampling the bakeries and small food shops in the Market Piazza area. We will definitely be returning to Bologna and cannot any more highly recommend The Metropolitan Hotel/Apartments. TWO THUMBS UP!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank labellegoulue

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have just returned from a 3 night visit to Bologna (March 2013) to visit friends who live there. As I did not wish to impose upon the daily routine of my friends, I ‘trawled’ the websites in order to find suitable accommodation - just for myself (female travelling alone). Very fortunately, I came across Hotel Metropolitan – what a find!
From the moment I arrived, Roberto on Reception and Cynthia (whom I later discovered was the ‘Breakfast Queen’ with her artistic table presentations) made me feel ‘at home’! As I was too early to book into my room, I sat in Reception and enjoyed a very welcomed pot of Earl Grey tea and good conversation (most of the staff speak English – do not expect this benefit in all hotels in Bologna).
It was a pleasure to discover that the clean, minimalistic, modern style advertised on the website was accurate (both within the rooms and the communal areas). Although the Reception area is small (remember Central Bologna has historic architecture and so you will not find large modern hotels in this area), the décor and furnishings created an impressive sophisticated space in which to meet my friends prior to sightseeing. The hotel is also situated perfectly (off the main street of Indipendenza) to see all the ‘tourist attractions’.
Overall, it was obvious that only those prepared to give a professional service will be employed here. When I booked out, Sara and her colleague couldn’t be more helpful, as I required a taxi to go to the Airport.
Basically I will have no hesitation in booking this hotel again for my next visit to Bologna.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just ended most enjoyable stay at the Hotel Motropolitan in Bologna.
The room was spacious, extremely clean, bed linen and bathroom toiletries were changed
every day.

The Buffet breakfast was exceptional and created to please all tastes.

The Hotel Staff, from the General Manager, the Reception, Waiting Staff, and Doorman
are extremely helpful and friendly.

The Hotel is very well located as it is in the center of the town which makes it ideal for
whoever is in Bologna, on business, or, pleasure.

I will most certainly use this Hotel again when next visiting Bologna, and would recommed
it to all.

Alfred Barthet
Malta

Room Tip: Our room number was 206, however, I have stayed in this Hotel several times, and all rooms were ext...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel has a very central location, convenient for all the tourist sights. We had a large room, by European standards, with a modern bathroom. The staff at the front desk were very helpful - gave us really thorough instructions so that we could walk to The Sanctuary of the Madonna of San Luca. Good choice at breakfast. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, it's good value and we would recommend it.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EW
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had a lovely short stay in Bologna. Beautiful town. The hotel was very central. The staff were all lovely - really friendly and helpful. They suggested sights to see and how to get to places. We had no hot water in bathroom and mentioned it as we were going out. It was sorted by the time we got back. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet had a good choice and was really well presented. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank asawkins
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First, great location. Close enough to the train station and right by the main road. We walked everywhere from this hotel. It's close enough to the main attractions in Bologna. Restaurants, bars right there. If you're into shopping, this is the place to be. The front desk was helpful. Breakfast buffet was great too. Room was small but I think this is rather typical of European hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sapurah21
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Being my first time in Italy...this hotel was everything I had expected! Located directly off the Main Street, it's charming & very quiet! You can not drive directly to it by car or taxi, but its only a short distance. The Staff at the front desk was very helpful! If you need directions anywhere they will even map out directions for you. One of the BEST restaurants that was highly recommended by front desk was Twinside which is minutes from hotel. This trip was perfect!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business