“Great location and accommodations!”
Review of Albergo Centrale

Albergo Centrale
Ranked #25 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel was one of 6 we stayed in during our tour of Italy. This was by far the best hotel for the price; however, we booked through a secondary site that advertised a private bathroom and free wifi. This was not the case when we arrived, so we paid to upgrade to a room with a private bath and purchased wifi.

The breakfast in the morning was absolutely delicious, and truly showcased the culinary side of Bologna.

Rooms were clean and spacious. Bologna was quite walkable, and the residents were the nicest and most helpful of any of the Italian cities we visited.

I highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Albergo Centrale

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Fantastic hotel in the city centre, a due passi da piazza maggiore.
Very good service. My fridge was broken and it was replaced in one day.
The breakfast is fantastic with a variety of choices.
Airconditioning & comfortable rooms .
I have already recommended this place to others.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front are possibly a bit more noisy but if you close the windows , it is quiet. In...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Annik L
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I can definitely recommend this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Hotel is nicely furnished, comfortable and the room and bathroom were clean. Breakfast was a big positive surprise, very delicious! Albergo Centrale has a perfect location, close to all the main attractions and shopping places, and not too far from the railway station either. This is a natural choice for hotel when visiting Bologna next time.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

When I do my reservation from web, hotel's name is "Hotel Centrale", but later I learned correct name is Hotel Albergo Centrale, that make me surprise. It's ok.
Hotel's place is really good and easy to find (if you can find a correct bus). In a web, I read I have to take bus number 25 from train station... it's clear... But, because of different buses 25 (one is not stop in a station), 25A, 25B...? We sepend 1,5 hours at midnight for finding hotel. :)
When we reach the hotel, Giacomo welcome us; smily and patiently, he explain us a bus system.
We loved our large room, we don't need to use aircon, weather is good. We have a TV, frigidaire, towels, privite lamps in our room. I use some internet (one hour free for each person).
In the morning we eat different good foods in a breakfast (included to the price), we went everywhere by walk, we do shoopping in a street. Reception give us a good map, we see many good places and on the end of the day, we feel happy.
Workers are polite, building is old but comfortable, clean and easy to reach.
Room's furniture is a old style and I like it. Here, you can feel real old Italian style.
Good price, good quality and good location!
I recommend.

Room Tip: I think, all is ok. Our room's window is on the main street, but because of good windows, we are...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mormenekse
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here during the film festival last year and again this year. Service is good and rooms are quiet. Breakfast is great. Great location in centre of Bologna - very convenient. All staff are pleasant and welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnAHartley
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was surprised that this is only a 2-star hotel because I would have thought it was a 3-star when I entered our room, and particularly after I enjoyed their lavish breakfast. This was a very comfortable, quiet place to stay just 2 blocks from the towers and the cathedral, and less than a mile from the Bologna Centrale train station. The desk staff are quite customer service oriented, too.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were spotless and comfortable. Location in the middle of town.
We were stayed there with our two small children for one night and the four-bed room was very spacious. Perfect for a short trip! They were able to provide a crib for the baby.
Would definitely recommend to others.

1  Thank TLC1979