“I began and ended my trip with this hotel.”

Hotel Albergo Atlantic
Ranked #19 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
New York
“I began and ended my trip with this hotel.”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The Atlantic is a modest hotel in a wonderful location--quiet, a short walk to the train station, and very handy to the Piazza Maggiore. The staff is outstanding: the reception desk seems to be manned at all times, and the information and service offered is courteous, prompt, and very competent. There is an elevator; breakfast is served in a small room with a quiet television, and it includes the now-apparently-usual array of pastries with meat, cheese, and yogurt, as well as juice and excellent coffee. The hotel is very clean and efficiently thought out. Both rooms I stayed in were comfortable, spare, generously stocked with hangers, shampoo, soap, and towels--an abundance of towels. The layout of both rooms was a bit strange, and neither one got much in the way of light, but this is a minor complaint--and I must add that when I originally asked for a room that got daylight, the hotel was very forthcoming about this absence of light. On my return in mid-July, I found I had been booked into a room that required me to take stairs after the elevator. When I expressed my quiet surprise, I was immediately transferred to another room--my luggage also being carried for me by the young man at the desk. I cannot count the times in my travels that I have requested a wake-up call in an upscale hotel and had the desk forget; at the Atlantic, the wake-up call was prompt and cheerfully delivered, as was the call for a taxi to the airport. Some kind of wifi snafu on my second visit was quickly addressed by the management, and in the meantime, they allowed me to use their computer near the reception desk. The hotel is very reasonably priced. On a return trip to Bologna, I would not look elsewhere but would immediately try to book here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank L M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I were booked for two nights here, but stayed only one night. Our main complaint was noise from outside (and a bit from inside). A major Bologna street was around the corner and was noisy all night long. If you don't mind sleeping with the window closed you could manage. But the air conditioning didn't work very well. It was centrally controlled, and we were told that it could not be set below 22 C. We had a choice between a stuffy night or a noisy night. Not a very good choice. We left for another hotel the next day. But if you are OK with noise or stuffiness, the hotel offers some value. It was not very expensive. The room was stark, but clean. There were very basic choices for breakfast, but it was rather plain. Staff was pleasant and seemed to do what they could to help. But they couldn't do anything about the noise or the air conditioning.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Braintree, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of May. It's a short walk from the station, and is a nice central location for the town centre.
The staff are so helpful, the lovely lady on reception recommended us an absolutely excellent place to get lunch, as well as going out of their way to help us plan things to do, and reccommend places to eat/see.
We didn't have breakfast included in our stay but it did look excellent.
Our room was very spacious and clean, the bed was very comfy. There was a little TV on the wall and the A/C worked very well. The only thing was that our room was on the ground floor right next to reception, so there was a little noise from the corridor that I don't think would have been an issue for the other rooms. It never woke us up or caused an issue though, it was just something we noticed.
We would definitely stay here again, the place had a lovely atmosphere!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Two of us stayed here in mid-May for three nights. The location is perfect, about ten minutes easy stroll to the old town centre or the train station. The staff were really pleasant and the breakfast was simple but had everything you need, and the coffee was very good. The building itself is really nice with some exposed brickwork features here and there. The room wasn't very big but was perfectly adequate and the bathroom was very nice. It was a bit stuffy at night (my fault, I think I knocked off the air-con by accident) so we had the window open which made it noisy, as there were some works outside. The only problem we had was that the wifi wasn't very good which was a downer. But on the whole I would recommend a stay here. It's near enough to the old centre to pop back if you forget something or to change for the evening. Also there were lots of cafes and restaurants nearby off Via dell'Indepenenza, a little market by the Porta Galliera near the train station and we stumbled across a great flea market as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hamsterfox
katmandu
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Atlaantic hôtel location Is vers good,close to the center.
the building Is Old,but well restored and clean.
the rooms in the back aide are completely quiet,the staff kind.
the Small buffet breackfast Is ok.
we staied in a two rooms Small suite with two bathrooms ,confortable,simple,but cozy.

• Stayed May 2014
Alicante
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We arrived late at the hotel on 8th April for a six-night stay. Warm greetings from the receptionist and we were quickly shown to our room. It was clean, tastefully decorated with a huge bed and bathroom. Breakfast consisted of juices, breads, cereals, fruit etc., accompanied by excellent coffee. The breakfast room is a little small but we only experienced it crowded on the last morning.
There's a pub next door with friendly staff, fast food, music and reasonably priced drinks - an excellent cocktail full of fruit was 5€.
All the staff were helpful and professional and we booked the last room available for our dates at the excellent price of 40€ per night.
The hotel is centrally located, near the centre and the bus and train stations. For your visit to Bolonia, we would highly recommend the Albergo Atlantico.

Llegamos tarde al hotel el dia 8 de Abril para una estancia de seis dias. El recepcionista nos dio el bienvenida y rapidamente nos llevó a nuestra habitación. Estaba muy limpia, decorada con gusto y tenía una cama muy grande y un cuarto de baño. El desayuna ofreció panes, cereales. zumos, fruta etc., y el café era excelente. La sala del desayuno era un poco pequeño pero solo era un poco concurrido una vez.
Hay un pub al lado con camareros amables, comida rapida, musica y precios razonables - un cocktail, lleno de fruta costó solo 5€.
Toda la plantilla era muy amable y profesional y conseguimos la ultima habitación para las fechas elegidas que nos costó solo 40€ la noche.
El hotel esta situado cerca del centro de la ciudad y los estaciones de tren y autobus. Para tu estancia en Bolonia, recomendamos el Albergo Atlantico.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This hotel is close to the train station, so you can walk easily until there. It is also near good atractions of the city, all of them walk distance. So, the localization is the best of this place. The rooms are ok and the breakfast is nice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple