“Gorgeous little place”

Ranked #19 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
Cambridge, UK
“Gorgeous little place”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night in June after staying at the coast for a week and needing to be nearer the airport for an early flight.

What a little gem. I wished I'd stayed longer. The guy on reception was a star. I was early, but he took my bag and stored it so I could go out and explore. The room when I did get in it was gorgeous. Very clean, beautifully decorated and had everything I needed.

The breakfast was really lovely. Lot's of choice including pastries, yogurt, cereal and a good selection of drinks.

The location is within easy walking distance of the train station / airport bus stop. It's also around the corner to the main shopping street and within easy walking distance of the sights.

Recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely room - clean, large and very comfortable. Breakfast was good and the lady on reception was brilliant at finding a doctor at short notice. Via galleria was really interesting and very close to all the main sights. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2013
Salerno, Italy
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel for 3 nights during the hotest days in July - the first good point (in my opinion) is that in whole hotel was air conditioning. The staff were very kind and helpful. Our room wasn't very big but very cosy and comfortable- we ovelooked Galliera street. The other strongest point of this hotel is its confortable position- it is really very close to the train station about 10-12 min walk ( we went for a day trip by train to Modena and Ferrara very easily) and other 10 min to the Main Square (Piazza Maggiore). We highly consider this three star hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pomonass
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Cute little hotel, very clean, ok breakfast! Alhtough the staff was nice, they didnt know much about the city except from the turistic sights, since most of them lived elsewhere.. but they were all polite! When I was about to leave my bad was huge and pretty have...and there as a few stars to my bedroom... I asked for some help with it... but they said I would have to manage it on my own...apart from that, they were all nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Genoa, Italy
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,259 helpful votes
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel was fine for my needs, very basic, well located and clean. It’s only 7-10 minutes from the train station and easy to locate, there are lots of restaurants nearby and the city center is 15 minutes easy walk. My room was a single, small, nothing special but the a/c worked well and the bed fairly comfortable. The bathroom needs help! The shower staff was held together with electric tape and there was not a toilet paper holder and the maid placed it out of reach! Only amenities were a very small piece of bar soap and shampoo. Walls are THIN and I could hear people using the bathroom and TV, however the windows are well insulated and street noise was minimal. Breakfast was very adequate, served by pleasant women. Check in/out was easy and the staff friendly. Can’t say I would come back here, only because I would like to try something else in the 70euro price range and be in a different area of the city. But I would recommend it to travelers who would like a budget hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 3 nights, went to Firenze for 4 nights, then came back for last 2 nights to Atlantic hotel. We felt like coming back home!
Although the room is very modest at first appearance, it is renovated , quite spacious and clean. There were no coffee facilities in the room but we found this for better as we could get excellent coffee from the restaurant for 1 euro . This enabled us to enjoy coffee in bed (like we are used to).

We split our stay between Bologna and Firenze so it enabled us to make day trips by trains u to Ferrara, Ravenna and Lucca.

Breakfast had a wide choice though they serve no eggs.

Wifi was good and did not ever fail.

Above all we would like to note the kind attitude of the staff especially Betty's at the reception, who was very helpful giving us information about trains time table and any other info. we needed.

If we come back to Bologna we will certainly stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed in room no. 115 facing the street and heard no noise.