Hotel Porta San Mamolo
Hotel Roma(Bologna)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,468 results
All reviewsal sangiovesebreakfast roomgarden roomle muracharming hotelcentral courtyardsmall gardenminute walklovely courtyardbreakfast is servedring roadsmall hotelcity centreold citymain piazzaquiet locationroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Just spent 2 nights at this Hotel with my wife for a short break. The Hotel is lovely with extremely helpful and cheerful staff. The room was beautiful and a good size. Breakfast was genuine and plentiful and taken in a calm atmosphere. Highly recommend this Hotel for a short visit to Bologna as it is only 15 minutes on foot from the historical centre and all the shops.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
condelloroberto, General Manager at Hotel Porta San Mamolo, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear friends, thanks for your great feedback, we are happy that everything went well and you enjoyed bologna, apart from the cold, I hope to see you soon in Bologna and in the meantime I wish you Merry Christmas and a fantastic 2013

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights on business in Nov/Dec. It has all been said before. Great rooms and staff. The rooms range from outside main building or inside, with rooms via breakfast area. Breakfast is good, plentiful and great coffee. Roberto and all concerned thanks for a great stay. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard view rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear friends thank you very much for your review, I'd like to be in australia now because in Italy it is very cold, but perhaps the best Christmas atmosphere is cold (as we say), I hope to come to australia soon, and in 'wait to see you in bologna I wish from me and all my staff Merry Christmas and a great 2013

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We recently spent a night at this quirky, lovely little hotel before continuing our trip to Perugia. With hindsight I wish we had spent a little longer. Bologna is a lovely city and this hotel was very central with extremely friendly and helpful staff (and a lovely cat!!). If ever we get to Bologna again we will definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear friends I remember very well of you, I hope you all had a good holiday in Perugia, thank you very much for your review, we really enjoyed and hope to see you again in the future in bologna, Merry Christmas from myself and all the my staff

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Spent 3 nights in Bologna last September in this hotel and it was a fantastic experience. When I first entered the room, I immediately wondered whether I'd been given the right one. Two levels with a huge double bed and 40+ inch TV on the upper level and plenty of space on the bottom level including a large sofa. Anyway, apparently it was NOT a mistake so I spent 3 very relaxing nights here. I have no idea if all the 'rooms'are like this. The staff were amazingly friendly, and were even very interested in Aussie Rules when I tried to get them into it. Breakfast was one of the best of my 2 month trip including an amazing cereal that I could not get enough of...I think pomegranate was the secret ingredient. Location was for me ideal...not too near the busy shopping district, but close enough to all the important aspects of Bologna.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cdchi1
condelloroberto, General Manager at Hotel Porta San Mamolo, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear friend, first of all thank you for the wonderful review, which makes me really happy and fills me with pride, it was not a mistake your room, but we like to make our guests feel good, we are happy when our guests are happy, this is our mission.thanks againagain and me and my staff wish you a wonderful Christmas

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed there for a week in September 2012, staff were very good and helpful, We mentioned some noise from snoring in an adjacent room, and we were switched to a much better, larger, quieter room. Staff were brilliant. Hotel location is very good, with the whole of the old walled Bologna within easy walking distance. Plenty of choices for food and drink locally, as varied as you like, similarly the shops are good and the markets amazing. The staff were genuinely courteous and helpful, particularly in helping us to sort out the travel arrangements for a day trip to Ferrara by train. If we go to this beautiful city again, we would be happy to stay at the Hotel Porta San Mamolo.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the inner courtyard will be quieter than those on the front and there is one room with a balcony overlooking the inner courtyard if you like outside relaxing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear friend
Thank you very much for yout kind feed back,its really important fot us and we really appreciate it,that you take some of your time to let people know wich was your experience here at porta san mamolo.
from me and my all staff Grazie and we wish you Merry Christmas