“Has to be the best B'n'B in Bologna”
Review of Panorama Hotel

Panorama Hotel
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed October 9, 2012

OMG I cant write highly enough of this most amazing place.
Lisa and her mum were fabulous hosts and we will definitely return and would recomend this to anyone wanting to stay in Bologna.
After having been to the University of Bologna 20 years ago this was a nostalgic trip to my university days and I took along my mother and auntie.
We shared a lovely room on the second floor which was very spacious and grandure.
We had our own private bathroom that was big enough to have been another bedroom!
I have to say the cleanliness of the place is immaculate and the firmness of the beds a great tonic.
The breakfast was delicious and the hot drink machine a rarity to find in europe as they dont have facilities to have hot drinks in general in the mediterrean.
That really was the icing on the cake.
The locality of the hotel was spot on for travelling around, a stones throw from the piazza and Via Dell Independenza but obviously its a busy part of the city so I would recommend ear plugs.
It wasnt a problem for myself but I know my mother is a light sleeper so I came prepared and gave her ear plugs.
I cant wait to go back, credit to Lisa and her wonderful staff to keeping this hotel as immaculate as it is and the homemade cake was truly scrumptios
Lisa was very helpful with directions and what attractions were being held there.
Saluti
Angela

Room Tip: I only saw the rooms on the 2nd floor and they all looked great,
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel is in the central area of Bologne, although the small road it's situated on is a bit hard to find. It's on the top floor of a residence building, and the hotel itself is very beautiful, just as the pictures show. The room is spacious and beautiful too, overlooking city sceneries. Bathroom is spacious, spotlessly clean, even the curtain is pretty. In the morning, you can have a tray of breakfast in your room. Everything is great but...seems the people are a bit distant. I'm not sure if that's because I'm Asian, they showed that kind of look as if I were from another planet, or maybe I don't speak Italien like all other guests do? I encountered several women living in this building when I tried to open the elevator, the look on their face was definitely alarming and not a bit friendly...It's really a pity because I like the Toscany area a lot...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great experience- We stayed 1 night at the hotel Panorama in a big double room with a wonderful view of the "Colli Bolognesi". The hotel is equipped with wi-fi and ac though has only 3 bathroom for all the guests. Sharing bathrooms wasn't a problem at all because they were perfectly clean and fresh. The staff is the value-added component of the hotel, they are super friendly and always ready to satisfy any request therefore making your stay at the hotel a enjoyable experience. The breakfast is served every morning in the lobby and is very rich, different kinds of fruits are served as well as croissants, orange juice, youghurts, nutella, tea and coffee. I would stay in this hotel again. A+

Room Tip: Central, value for money, friendly staff, clean.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cristina B
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great value of this place just off of the main street and walking distance to Piazza Maggiore. Sort of tough to locate, even though it is right 'downtown'. The hosts do not speak English and occasionally you can hear them arguing in Italian to each other; however, it is somewhat charming. Decent breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tyler C
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had 4 nights at Hotel Panorama in a massive 4 bed family room. The staff are lovely, the hotel is spotless and even though there was no bathroom in our room (there was a sink) we never had to wait to use one of the 3 communal bathrooms which were always perfectly clean. Our room faced towards the road so was a little noisy but the location of the hotel, the helpfulness of the staff and our overall experience at Hotel Panorama made up for it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a spacious double room. Sharing a Bathroom is never a hassle -- the facility is really really clean. Thank you so much for the house-cleaning/maintenance team and the decency of all fellow travelers. Breakfast was great -- Fuji Apple, Banana, Croissant and other Pastries, yogurt are the staples. There is a machine that can make caffe, cappuccino, and caffe lungo and the like at your service. I tried the host Lisa's mama home-made cake one morning -- it was delizioso.

Our room offers a nice view of the city -- we saw birds hovering around and a colorful garden downstairs. It was quite most of the time -- only occasional loud bang of door and walking down the common corridor by some absent-minded guests.

Our host, Lisa, was warm, friendly and very helpful. Her tips on where to eat were spot-on. All ladies at this fine hotel were really friendly and nice -- despite I basically have no command of Italian language, only able to recognize a limited set of expressions, we chatted with an old lady in Italian and she spoke to us. (I finally realized my class of Latin roots in English Vocabs class paid off.) I wish it would have offered free wifi at the hotel, it would have made the trip easier. But the upside was I enjoyed my vacation even more without surfing in the cyberspace. Did I mention the hotel is off the main streets Via Ugo Bassi and Via Dell' Indipendenza? Ugo Bassi which becomes Via Rizzoli is a nice pedestrian only zone on the weekend that I stayed at Bologna (I suspected it would restrict car traffic on special occasions, weekends, or both.) That is a nice place for sauntering. I would recommend you visit the local library at Piazza Maggiore, which is sitting on top of an ancient roman ruins where you can visit on a voluntary donation. I love it there -- some reading in solitude and quietness after fun exploring of the city. All in all it was a wonderful stay and great value for money. Thank you so much for Lisa, Lisa's mama, Mei Ling (I apologize if I get your name wrong), and the sweet old lady who chats with us -- you made our time at Bologna memorable and fun.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ksumserg
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had to stay in Bologna an extra day because my bags didn't make it on the same plane as me. The tourist information desk at the Bologna airport recommended this hotel and I was more than pleased. The location was excellent - in the middle of the old town and you can walk to everything. The room was spacious and even had a sink. The shared bathrooms were very clean and the staff was excellent. My only complaint was the noise from the street and early morning construction, but it wasn't too bad. If I go back to Bologna I will most certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business