“A very comfortable hostel in a good location”
Review of Il Nosadillo

Il Nosadillo
Ranked #5 of 119 Specialty Lodging in Bologna
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The hostel is clean and spacious. As I was here in summer, although there was no air conditioning, the place was very cool and not warm at all. I love that there is a wardrobe with hangers and a bedside table with a table lamp for every bed! There is a self catering kitchen and you help yourself to breakfast which consists of cereals, bread and milk. When you check in, all the info you need would be given to you.There is usually no one manning the hostel but everything is sufficiently provided so you just feel like you are staying in your own house!

It is a little difficult to spot the hostel as there are no signs on the street but if you have the address, there would not be a problem. One of the rooms faces the street so it is very noisy when you are trying to sleep but just close the window and all would work out fine.

Room Tip: Choose the other room that is not facing the street
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Nosadillo, Manager at Il Nosadillo, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for giving so useful tips for other travelers about Il Nosadillo. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Nice central place and friendly staff, guests were also very nice. Too bad, they were works from 8am in the building next door, bad luck i guess. If the staff was there more often, it would be perfect.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Dear Nico, thank you for the reviews. We apologize for the noise from the building next door.
The works were a a few days only. We hope to see you again, there are still many places to see and the food to try;)

Reviewed April 18, 2012

It was an absolutely lovely stay - all the people at this hostel were so friendly that we hung out in the evenings all the time, the rooms were neet and clean, great kitchen and living room, the bathroom could be better maybe, but all in all - I would totally recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Буква, спасибо большое за такой замечательный отзыв. Bookva, thank you so much for so sweet review. It was a pleasure to host you.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was here 4 nights. The operators (2 staff) are nice and try very hard. However they have another property elsewhere and were only around to check us in. On Sunday morning 5 guess left and the kitchen was very untidy from Saturday night. By Sunday night when I returned no cleaning had been done. I am giving 2/5 because of this reason.

Not having a staff at the hostel is an inconvenience. In a hurry to catch the train I left my keys inside. It was 1 hr 15 minutes before I was rescued, exacerbated by language problems. Result, I had to buy another train ticket.

I hope they can resolve the staffing issue. Location is 25 minutes on foot from front of central train station. Rooms are spacious but floors creak loudly. The front door to the main building is hard to open with the dated keys. Lights to illuminate the corridor to the first floor entrance of the hostel hard to find. Breakfast is what you get from the shelf.

Room Tip: The front room gets traffic noise, inside room is quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your opinion. Your feedback is very useful for us.
We apologize for the inconvenience with the key. We try to open the reception for as many hours as possible. But being a small hostel is a challenge in this case. We work on it.

In any case, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Il Nosadillo. We hope to see you again There are still many places to see in Bologna;)

Reviewed January 23, 2012

Two rooms with 4 beds each, two baths and a kitchen. Not too big, but very nice. Good location, I ended up walking from the train station and it really is a straight shot, but does take 20min at least. The rooms overlook a busy street, and since you're only a floor up...everything sounds like it's happening right next to you - pretty noisy all night.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Nosadillo, Manager at Il Nosadillo, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Kinsey,

Thank you for choosing Il Nosadillo and for the review. It was a pleasure for us to host you.

We apologize for the noise during some busy hours on the road. The historical medieval center has pretty narrow roads, it might cause an additional noise.

We hope to see you again at Il Nosadillo!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I found this charming hostel whilst sorting out living arrangements for my university year abroad. I found it completely by luck, since there was little information available online about it at the time. I'm very glad I did because during that time, not only did I have a more than comfortable roof over my head, but I also met many people who I've stayed on with during my university experience.

Il Nosadillo is still in its early days. There wasn't any reception as such, so guests often arrived at the door a little lost and wondering where the owners were. However, this and any other issues were quickly rectified by the two sisters who run the place. They made me and everyone else feel at home straight away. It is such a homely place that it was very difficult to leave!

The bedrooms have an up-to-date, cosy feel, as does the kitchen/sitting room which is the hub of the hostel. During my stay, many people of many ages used this room as a place to socialise, making dinner together, watching films, playing games; but it was never too noisy and it is easy to have a quiet night in if that's what you want. The historic centre is quite literally a stone's throw away, and the hills in the south are a short walk down the road. For its atmosphere, location and the experiences which it provided me with, Il Nosadillo was amazingly good value, and I'm sure it will suit you, whether you're a student, a traveller or on business.

Room Tip: In the main hostel, there are two dorms: one with 5 beds, and one with 4 beds. Both are spacious, ai...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul C

Dear Paul,

Thank you a lot for your help during the early days of Il Nosadillo.
It was a big pleasure to host you.

You are always always welcome!

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Good to meet people!!!! Simple, nice, clean, close to everything, good pizzeria in front, small so you know everybody! Love this place!!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank OliviaS3

Thank you, Olivia for sharing your opinion about Il Nosadillo.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and met many wonderful people.