“Average airport hotel but where is the staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Flyon Hotel

Flyon Hotel
Ranked #67 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Average airport hotel but where is the staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel got average reviews and that about right . It's near the hotel has a free shuttle and god for making early connections . It was a typical airport hotel but from what I could see it was less than half full and there seems to be only one person working reception at any one time , no one manning the bar ( I had to wait for 30min while they got someone from the resteraunt to get me a drink . In the morning again there was only one person doing checkout very strange . Shame because the rooms themselves were quite nice.

Room Tip: I had one not facing the airport and the room was very quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DIREZIONESHERATON, Direttore at Flyon Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
thank you for your comments.
I'm very sorry you were disappointed.
we always trying to satisfy the expectation of our guests but unfortunately it is not always possible.
Our reception is always available to resolve any problems, please the next time ask reception.
regarding the staff we are in lower season so the staff is minimum but enough for our service and standard.
I have understood your comments and i will look into any relevant changes possible.
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

The upside: relatively good value for money and free parking. For the rest, the room I was staying (superior) in had a stained carpet, a shower which had last seen a descaler in the ice age and with the very annoying feature that the bathplug would not stay up, letting your feet dwell in the soapy water, a tv which was not working properly (many channels not showing clearly), no kettle or coffee making facilities, extortionary prices for drinks, free internet only in the lobby.
If you want to use the computing facilities there: of the four pc stations, two were not connected to the internet, and none had a properly working mouse. The printer was out of order.
Ok for one night if you need to be close to the airport, but even for that next time I'll try somewhere else.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
thank you for your comments.
I'm very sorry you were disappointed.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

It may not be the most charming hotel in the world, but it does exactly what it says on the tin: it's close to the airport, it offers an efficient a shuttle service, it's clean and comfortable.

Wifi must be paid for in the rooms, but it's free in the public areas. Some tea/coffee facilities in the room would have been a nice touch. The personnel was extremely kind, a sign of good management. Prices are correct for the quality and the location.

In the same situation (late night arrival in Bologna airport and need to be at the airport the following morning) I would return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank thoughtfuldiner
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year, either when flying in or out of the Bologna airport. The location close to the airport is excellent. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I like the complimentary water. I usually drop my rental car off at the airport the night before and catch the free shuttle back to the hotel.
For the last stay, I overslept the breakfast setting and was too late to eat by a few minutes. The hostess soon had fixed me up with coffee, yogurt, pastries and fruit. Thanks for setting me up for a day of exploration in Bologna!

Room Tip: I like rooms facing into the ravine - less airport noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bologna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've chosen this hotel because I landed very late at Bologna airport. Single room for 60 euros. No breakfast. No tea facility in the room. For the rest OK. free wifi only in the lounge. No way to go there by feet. You need a car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

thank you for your comments.
sorry we didn't fullfill your requirements we try to be hundred per cent with our guest's needs unfortunately from time to time we aren't able to do it.
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here before - but this time was much better !

rooms comfortable and well appointed, as one would expect of a Sheraton. reception was friendly and efficient (though it must be said when I stayed here a few months ago they werent so friendly or so efficient !), and breakfast (what mother always told me was the most important meal of the day) was perfectly acceptable - even if the coffee left uite a lot to be desired !

one expects better coffee in Italy ! doesnt one ? :-) (or maybe that just my heightened expectations from being in the business ?)

the lovliest thing about the Hotel was that when I stepped out onto my balcony at the back of the Hotel, and looked accross to the hedge and woods about 40 yards away, it was buzzing with fireflies - hundreds of little specs of glowing light - like christmas lights but better !

Room Tip: try for a room at the back of the Hotel rather than the front to avoid airport noise !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Regarding the coffee we also serve fresh coffee to our guests on request, please ask the next time.
I look forward to hearing what you think the next time!
jomac2005
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had to stay here before an early flight from Bologna. The staff we're totally disinterested in doing anything to make us feel welcome.Which is fine. It's a transit hotel so didn't really expect much more. Still, a smile would've been nice.
The beds were comfortable and the rooms were a good size.

One last thing, we stayed here because of free shuttle bus to the airport but found out, on arrival, that they run once every few hours. Something to be aware of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DIREZIONESHERATON, Direttore at Flyon Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
thank you for your comments.
I'm sorry if the hotel wasn't up to your standard, most of the guest like it.
Our staff normally extend a warm welcome to the guests so I'm very sorry for your experience.
Regarding the shuttle I'm very surprised to read your comment.
Maybe you were mistaken with the city centre route because the route to and from the airport is every 15 minutes as per timetable and not three time per day like the city centre.
Best Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bologna
Hotel Bologna Airport
My One Hotel Bologna
#27 of 104 in Bologna
Savena
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tower Hotel Bologna

Been to Flyon Hotel? Share your experiences!