All reviewsopened the balcony doortrain stationno tea or coffee making facilitiesfitness centerbuffet stylelarge hotelking bedpiazza maggioremain shoppingreception staffgood sizepublic areasminute walkconvenient locationitalian hotelscomfortable roomscity centre
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

All great things to say about this hotel:
Good location close to City centre.
Large, clean, comfortable rooms.
Breakfast was a hugs buffet with plenty of vegan and gluten free options.
The staff were always helpful and friendly.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
General M, Direttore generale at Royal Hotel Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Guest,
first of all I would like to thank you for this excellent review about Royal Hotel Carlton.
We are really proud to have fully satisfied your expectations and to be suggested by you to all Trip Advisor users.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 4 nights on a break in beautiful Bologna and were very pleased with this large hotel. Very Comfortable bed and bathroom fine, despite no walk-in shower. Massive choice at breakfast, hot and cold, including gluten-free options.
Our only criticism is air-con did not seem to work in the room (6th floor) but we opened the balcony door at night and it was OK.
Well located, 15 minutes walk to the city centre and 5 minutes from the rail station and the airport bus stop.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I have never seen so much stupid stuff get to gether like this. I can't even go and eat breakfast after long wait beacuase stupid girl keep saying no you can't go inside even I told her my room number. She is worse then border police.

Very sorry about the hotel. Juat one mistake is enough for me.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Mete S
General M, Direttore generale at Royal Hotel Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry, I'm really sorry and I apologise if you booked a so stupid hotel, managed and represented by a lot of stupid persons.
The most stupid person inside the hotel it's me, the General Manager, and I would like to assure that I selected all the staff just for its stupidity, scrupulously moving away all intelligent people.
Sorry if we are so stupid to work so hard for guarantee security to all of our guests, sorry if we ask you the room number at the breakfast, sorry if we pay a lot of attention because we are a huge hotel with minimum 300 people every day, sorry if sometimes we are so stupid to watch the TV and listen news about the security risks that are in every collective place.
Just one thing could save us from your right evaluation: we are not so stupid to consider "stupid" a girl that she's working.
Looking forward to welcoming you once again and hoping to being more stupid and asking you also you passport and credit card to identify you, I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

This hotel met my most important demands: it was quiet (I slept very well), the breakfast buffet was very good, the hotel gym was well equipped and every machine in great condition. The conference rooms and that part of the hotell was also excellent, beautiful rooms (even the bathrooms) and kind and helpful staff!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
General M, Direttore generale at Royal Hotel Carlton, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear Martin,

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I stayed at the " Royal Hotel Carlton, Bologna" four days in September 2017, the staff is friendly and helpful.
The hotel is well located close to the rail station and places of interest.
The hotel is elegant and very clean and the room was spacious.
I recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo