“Good pastries but expensive to sit down”
Review of Il Duca d'Amalfi

Il Duca d'Amalfi
Ranked #13 of 23 Coffee & Tea in Bologna
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bologna, Italy
“Good pastries but expensive to sit down”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I started going here because someone had recommended the sfogliatelle (a triangle-shaped pastry from Naples with a flaky exterior and ricotta filling mixed with candied orange rind). I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the pastry and go there from time to time specifically for that. Other items in the dessert case look appealing, but I haven't tried anything else yet. The only negative thing is that everything costs a lot more if you sit down and eat it there (probably at least double the price). If you take your pastry to go, it's not that bad, but staying there ends up being more expensive than most bars/cafés in Bologna. Personally, I don't think it's worth it. The setting and atmosphere are ok but not worth the price difference in my opinion.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank hibouboo

“Delightful lunch on the piazza”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch. It was all very good. The big salads were really nice. I would have to eat here again for excellent but I would definitely go back and chill in the square.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“you must try the chocolate capri cake!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

after a day of eating shopping and walking around bologna on a cold day, this cafe was just what we needed! it is just down from the nespresso store, on one of the pedestrian streets leading to the main square. it's a bit crowded and we had to wait a bit. i found the decor very cheery. we had great capuccinos and an amazing chocolaty cake that was more like a brownie, chocolate mixed with almond, called capri cake. try it!!

• Visited December 2012
oakland
“Pleasant Cafe in Piazza De'Celestini”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I really enjoyed hanging out at this cafe. I came here twice on my three day visit to Bologna. The cafe is situated in Piazza De'Celestini. I preferred this small, off the beaten path piazza to some of the larger more crowded one's like Piazza Maggiore & Piazza Galvani. Their espresso is very good. On one of my visits & had a really yummy arancini.

Visited June 2012
Matera, Basilicata, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasteless in every way”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We land on the terrace after a long hike through beautiful Bologna. We order water and an orange juice. I ask without ice but get with.. ok no worries, but a pity the juice is so watery. We want to have a bite. The menu says under daily menu "ask the waiter!" So I did. Quite rudely I get snubbed by our host that all there is is on the menu. The lady gives the impression really having difficulty coping with her work waliking aroung with a long face, she must have had a terrible day. We order grilled vegetables, a potato croquette and a snack of fried bread and mozzarella. The veggies are tasteless overcooked beans and and mushy piece of cauliflower. No seasoning or whatsoever. And few bit of zucchini and eggplant are ok.. the coquette was soft and dry and cheese snack too greasy and a bit dry. Nothwihstanding we pay €24,- for two water a juice and three tiny snacks :( Rating the our experience as "poor" I consider as a mild judgement.

• Visited July 2012