“Roberto Must Know Whats He's Doing”

La Taverna Di Roberto
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Taverna Di Roberto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 1,974 Restaurants in Bologna
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am a lasagna fool, loving it in all its many forms and flavors. Here, I enjoyed Roberto's green (spinach) lasagna (yum), while my wife enjoyed her turbot with roasted potatoes, tomatoes, and olives. We finished with a dark chocolate crust with fruit. What's not to like?

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is an excellent little taverna in the centre of Bologna. It was recommended by our hotel on the evening we arrived. The staff were courteous & attentive, the maitre''s english was quite good which is always a help. The food & wine (good selection by the glass) were both excellent. The Cotoletta ala Bolognese was superb & recommended. We so liked the experience we went back again for lunch & had the Lasagna ala Bolognese & Spaghetti with Clams. Oh did I mention the desserts for those with a sweet tooth like moi, they are a delight. Take the chance you won't be disappointed.

PS. You have to love a restaurant where the locals walk in shake the Maitre'd hand & then chat to the chef concerning the specials of the day on their way to their table. My kind of establishment.

1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Roberto's is my absolute favorite place to eat in all of Bologna. On each of my trips to Bologna, I must eat at Roberto's two or three times. The gnocchi, tagliatelle, and lasagne are excellent. Roberto does a fabulous job at selecting the perfect wine to go with our dinner. The desserts are also wonderful. The atmosphere is quaint and cozy. A trip to Bologna would not be complete without dining here.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We ambled out of our hotel looking for a nearby place to eat, and found this Taverna by simply stumbling upon it. It was cosy, homely, and the staff friendly and helpful. Pasta dishes and main courses were excellent and we thought well priced. Quite a good selection of wines, again very reasonably priced. A slight delay in bringing our coffee resulted in some complimentary grappa and Limoncello being brought to the table, which we greatly appreciated. Recommended.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

We came to Bologna for a day trip from Florence. It was a cold and foggy November day and by 1PM we were frozen and hungry. It was Monday and majority of restaurants were closed. La Taverna di Roberto was open. The service was fast and friendly, the atmosphere warm and welcoming. The food was excellent; personally I think the green lasagna was the best. A short of grappa made the cold and gloomy day more tolerable. We highly recommend this place.