“Delicious Traditional Food w/ Contemporary Atmosphere”
Review of Vicolo Colombina

Vicolo Colombina
Ranked #78 of 1,860 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Lovely restaurant, easy to find, within walking distance of city centre. The food was delicious - was recommended by the concierge of the Grand Hotel Majestic and we were not disappointed. Reservations for 6 at 8:30pm were not a problem, was empty at first and picked up shortly after that. Pasta was creamy & perfect al-dente consistency. I secondi just melted in your mouth. We had a Barrolo to wash it all down, and it was just incredibly smooth. We were really impressed when we saw one waiter smell the cork, ask his manager to double check, and they opened another bottle for us. We asked them about it and they said they actually do that at least once a day - definitely received the star treatment as a customer! We are Italian heritage and thus, foodies by genetics! My mother is a professional foodie though and was visiting Italy shortly after I did to attend a culinary conference - I immediately recommended Vicolo Columbina to her. Buon Appetito!

There are newer reviews for Vicolo Colombina

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate here in July and sat outside in the alleyway. The staff were very friendly and helpful and although we did try Italian, their English was fantastic! We had an antipasti platter of local meats and parmesan cheese. All very tasty and a generous serving of everything. All of it was either organic, artisan, award-winning etc... We then had lovely tender beef steaks with potatoes roasted with rosemary. We accompanied this with a small bottle of a local multi-award winning Lambrusco - when in Emilia-Romagna...

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We ate here on 23rd August for dinner in the alleyway - a pleasant alternative to being inside on a warm evening. The wine list is extensive but the friendly sommelier is a excellent judge of matching wines with his clientele. He suggested a Cabernet Sauvignon from Emilia Romagna that's the best red I've had from this region. I had the tortelli pasta stuffed with Taleggio cheese and little nibs of almonds served with pea sauce, which was summery and light; my husband had a lasagna with layers of ricotta mixed with basil - again, very summer evening appropriate. The chef is a fan of sous vide cookery and both our steaks were tender and flavoursome. Mine had been breaded with a mixture of garlic and rosemary and then grilled - it was an unlikely thing to do to a steak, but it worked. The other diners were a mixture of tourists and Italians, the restaurant itself is modern but not chi-chi. I would eat here again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went there on 23.08.2013 with my wife. Nice and clean, Excellent food ( beef filet was fantastic),
It was not easy to pick up a bottle of wine. Huge choice of wine :-)

The cost was 81 Euros for 2 menu meal. (first course and second course) with a modest bottle of Italian Merlot wine from the region.

People working there are friendly. If you are staying in Bologna, I recommend this restaurant located in a hidden small street 4 minutes walk south of the the famous piazza maggiore.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

When looking for a Restaurant
I find the main square for activity and search side streets and alley ways for restaurants that gave activity but not tourist fare and not the high rents

Vincolo Columbia is just such a place

Great alley location. Good service and fine food. The fresh meat platter (the small one) was almost enough for two

The tortellini in brodo was the best I have has yet

And the main course was Pork chops slow roasted 40 hours at low heat). Crispy and moist

Good wine list. The meal was well priced!

I would return