“Decent food at very reasonable rates”
Review of To Steki

To Steki
Ranked #135 of 1,888 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Located in the heart of the University town this restaurant offers good Greek food at very reasonable rates ( a three course meal can come in at less than EUR 20). I liked their pita gyros and moussaka. The staff is friendly and can offer English menus.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

After reading the reviews of To Steki in Bologna, I think we must have ordered the worst dishes on the menu. The gyros was greasy and the souvlaki special was very tough and overcooked. The pita had a strange flavor. It made me wonder if the grease is cleaned off the pans regularly.

We were staying in a hotel nearby and saw how popular To Steki was with the student crowd, so we wanted to give it a try. The prices are good and it seems to be full most nights. We must have missed something.

Of course, my opinion may have been affected by the greeting we received from our waitress. Upon approaching the table, she pointed at the floor and said, "This is a Greek restaurant." We smiled and said, enthusiastically, "Yes!" I thought to tell her that in America, we have lots of Greek restaurants, or perhaps, we aren't locals, but we're not stupid.

I have come to Bologna every year for 8 years on university business and I speak Italian. I can't recall such peculiar treatment anywhere else.

We won't go there again and can't recommend it to others. I am glad to hear that others have had better experiences and hope that we caught To Steki on a bad night.

1  Thank KathiPortland_Oregon
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The place is in the University section of town so it is attracting the young crowd of students which makes the atmosphere very lively. The food is good, not excellent but really good, the service is excellent. It's worth a try if you are in Bologna and do not want to spend a lot in food.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

For whatever reason you're craving non-Italian food in Bologna, To Steki is a good place to fill those cravings. The food we were served was fresh, tasty, and priced decently. If I had to give a knock about the restaurant, I felt the portions were a bit smaller than what they could have been, but I food good and I didn't leave still hungry so who cares?

1  Thank RapJs
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We needed a restaurant at 7 pm where we could get a decent meal fairly quickly so we could make a concert at 8:30 pm in the University area. We stumbled on To Steki, much to our delight. Food was very good; service was kind and prompt; lots of locals came in while we were there. Like many others, we were impressed.