“Great aperativi but pricey!”
Review of Cafe Zanarini

Cafe Zanarini
Ranked #67 of 128 Dessert in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breackfast, lunch and pre dinner.Very good cakes fron Antoniazzi experience.
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I went for pre-dinner aperativi and by the end of our time there, we actually didn't have to go to dinner. Most places, I'll grab a dish or two of aperativi but the food here was so good that I kept going back and didn't end of having dinner. Some of their aperativi included pasta salad, tuna sandwiches, salmon sandwiches, grab sandwiches, and olives. There are plenty of other great cafe's that have cheaper aperativi options but if you're looking for a very high-end place and have the money to spend, try it out!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

A great place for cocktails an snacks just south of the main square. Loved the Americano! With each drink comes a beautiful plate of hors'dervse, olives & chips. Excellent service & great people watching.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

On the second morning of my recent trip to Bologna, I went to Zanarini Cafe for a morning cappuccino and croissant. This was after an incredible coffee at Terzi Cafe (separate reviews for them for the best ground breaking coffees). Since it was actually my second pastry of the morning I only ordered one "brioche" as they called it - really a croissant in a square shape. After taking one bite of this masterpiece I was so upset that I hadn't gone there the morning before too. They had many types to choose from and as soon as I heard pistachio I was sold. This pastry/croissant was so buttery, flaky, and filled with a pistachio paste between the layers and then there was a creamy custard filling - wow. I ate this standing at the bar with a foamy cappuccino and just broke into an immediate cheshire cat grin. Everyone around me must have thought I was crazy because I was so happy. Needless to say, I went back for the next two mornings that I was in Bologna and not only got the pistachio croissant but tried one that was chocolate. Well, if I thought the pistachio one was fantastic I don't know how to say this next one was as good or better. The puff pastry is actually chocolate and it was filled with chopped sweet pears in a creamy custard. How do you say wow squared? I saw the pastry chef and thanked him profusely for these amazing creations. Next trip to bologna, I would go to Terzi for coffee and then every morning to Zanarini for more coffee and their croissants that I am still dreaming of as well as trying some of their other pastries.

1  Thank chezrobyn
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were in the area and as it was raining decided we might as well have our coffee here. Was expecting something a lot nicer. The service was perfect but frankly, we were on the first floor which was dark and dingy. Having lived in Vienna for a couple of years, I expected more, and I think it was a lot to pay for a coffee in a so-so location. Am sure, aperitivo on the terrace would have been a lot better, but wouldn't go out of my way to have a coffee inside again.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

This cafe reminds me of a prim & proper Lyon's Corner House Tea rooms of the 1940's when service and quality really meant something.