“Never again”

Ranked #25 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
Serra, ES
“Never again”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Before I stayed in this hotel I was in Venice and Verona so I had the opportunity to compare all the hotels that I stopped by. This hotel was terrible for my girlfriend and I. Room not cleaned , poor breakfast, the receptionist at the front desk were impolite and they charged me mistakenly one extra day and when I realized that and tried to get my money back they just ignored me. I do not recommend this hotel for anybody I was unlucky when I booked this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Eduardo P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

March 14th 2013 - ok - we only stayed the one night but this hotel ticked all the right boxes. We arrived into Bologna Centrale from Milano late morning - a short walk over the road and you are at the Star Excelsior - being only 11.30am we expected not to be able to check in. No problem - a room is ready - checked in in 3 mins and up to a very spacious room on the 2nd floor.We walked around Bologna for what seemed hours but as the rain persisted we came back to the hotel for a glass of wine and a siesta before dinner. The service here is impecable - a great nights sleep - breakfast - included in the 90 euro rate was relaxed and fresh - coffee was perfect. If Bologna Centre is your destination then this is the hotel - Prof D

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the hotel are very quiet - the front rooms may suffer from traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Graeme D
Verona
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I spent a few nights at this hotel for business. It is comfortable, very well placed (you simply cross the street and are at the train station). Rooms are large and clean. The two issues I noticed are: first, the parking area is not easily accessible due to a very narrow entrance. Moreover you need to go back and forth from the parking to the hotel reception to get a stamp on the parking bill (wasting some minutes). Second issue: the TV in the room does not have Sky channels (but for a very narrow selection of channels). This is subjective, but personally I would have appreciated to have Sky sport channels available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My main gripe is that we were given a smoking room with the most awful smell of stale cigarette smoke. Without unpacking we complained at the desk and were told that we should have asked for a non smoking room when we booked in. No replacement room was offered or given. My second gripe is that I was expected to pay for wi-fi access in the room although it was free in the lobby.

This is a typical corporate hotel near the railway station but a moderate walk to the centre of Bologna. Rooms are large but decoration is gloomy and tired. The large bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with friendly and efficient service.

I visited the hotel on a terrific deal but failure to change our room was inexcusable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bastapasta24
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here for the first 2 days and last day of our trip in Italy. It is in the perfect location as its right across from the railway station and literally a 15 minute walk into the city center. The hotel staff at the check in desk are extremely helpful and nice - they made reservations for 2 very delicious restaurants in Bologna for us on our first night and last night there. The free breakfast is also delicious and the coffee is made to order and so good. The breakfast has everything from eggs, bacon, cheeses, croissants, breads, yogurt, yogurt toppings, fruit, juice, pastry's, etc. We had booked a room with wifi access and the last day of our trip when we returned to Bologna we had booked one without. It was a bit of a pain to go down to the lobby to use the free wifi (its only 30 minute increments of login access) but they let us use it as long as we wanted. I think hotels at this stage in the game should just include free wifi for all so that would be my only suggestion. But other than that I would fully recommend people to stay here during their stay. The beds were comfortable, the room and bathroom were nice and clean and upgraded, and the pictures online are true to what they look like.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Arlene P
italy/uk/hungary
Reviewed January 18, 2013

super great location in fornt of the railway station. clean, efficient srvices.
breakfast is rather poor compared to expectations.
wifi free yet a little annoying as you shall log in again every 30 minutes

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
portland
Reviewed December 31, 2012

i'm stayed here several times over the last several years, usually in late december. Staff has always been very helpful, knowledgeable, willing to resolve problems, etc. Rooms are good, worn but still in great shape. breakfast has a wide range of choices, including eggs (scrambled), bacon, cheese, filled croissants, etc. laundry facilities are about 7 blocks away but an easy walk. located next to the train station so it's easy to head to Venice and/or Florence or several other local towns/cities as you wish.

Room Tip: ask about the room your assigned. those in the back look over a park.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple