We stayed only one night, and were a little shocked upon arrival because the area is not very impressive. However, once inside, everything is great:
- the decoration is very tasteful, warm and comfortable
- the hotel aims to be environment friendly, which is very important, for example by using squeeze bottels for soap rather than small packs of toiletries which are often thrown unused
- although the room was small, it was clean, neat and nice, and when we opened the shutters the sunlight poured in and reflected in all the mirrors
- the breakfast was a buffet and very good
- service as expected, nice and quick, without any surprises, and they offer to bring tea/coffee with kettle for free
- finally, location turned out perfect for us, because it has a free parking while the buses to the center are just around the corner, quick and easy, and the hotel even sells tickets if you can't be bothered to go to the shop which is also around the corner (a bit cheaper: €1.30 instead of €1.50)
All by all, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Bologna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Maggiore Bologna is a welcoming place and we deeply take care of our guests. Our aim is to make you "Feel at Home". The slender eight storey building which houses the hotel rises up in a very unusual place, a connection point between the city centre of Bologna and the Emilian productive areas, a lively and hardworking area rich in Italian excellences and multiculturalism. The hotel is in a central location, out of the controlled traffic zone, next to the Ospedale Maggiore, at 1.5 km from the historic centre (easily accessible by bus or by bike), at ten minutes from the airport, the Ducati headquarters, the Unipol Arena centre, next to important companies and important scientific and cultural centres such as the Opificio Golinelli and the MAST. It is easily accessible from the motorway and the main communications routes and we offer a free parking service. Core of our idea of welcoming are the central location, our friendliness and the attention to every detail. As well as wanting you to "Feel at Home", we also commit for a sustainable mobility. Among our facilities you'll find a free parking service, a shuttle service, a bycicle rental service, both for traditional bikes and e-bikes, bus tickets at our reception desk. Finally, we'll be very happy to give you information on events not to be missed and places to see in the city and province. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Maggiore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Bologna
- Best Western Bologna
- Bologna Best Western