TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,539 results
All reviews linen sheets roman road leading hotels of the world five star hotel classic hotel public areas are piazza maggiore upgraded to a junior suite wonderful hotel perfect location a wonderful stay the heart of the city beautiful room main piazza hotel restaurant wonderful city large bathroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff at this wonderful place must be hand picked as they were without exception very friendly and efficient they made me feel at home and important, and most of all there is no shortage of personnel. Everything is as it should be down to the smallest detail (example: the turn-down service is at 8 PM not at 6 when i am getting ready for dinner). The rooms are very nicely decorated and well maintained as is the whole hotel. The beds are very comfy, made up with the nicest linnen.The restaurant serves high quality food, served as it should be in luxurious but pleasant atmosphere.
I do not write often in these reviews but this hotel deserves a the compliments i can give!

Date of stay: September 2019
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for the preference you had for Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your last stay in Bologna and for taking the time to share your si positive experience with us on TripAdvisor Community.

With reference to your so kind words spent for the staff, you described as a very friendly and efficient one, I would like to thank you. It will be a great honor for me to share your positive comment with all the members of the staff, who I am sure will be encouraged by your remarks.

I am more than glad to read that you found every smallest detail was as it should be. All the staff of Grand Hotel Majestic everyday strive to meet all our Guests needs.

It is a great pleasure to know that you had enjoyed the unique and historic style of the rooms, you described as nicely decorated and well maintained one. Preserving the style of the palace in which our property takes place, providing at the same time all modern technologies, is one of our daily challenge.

Concluding, it makes me proud to know that also our Restaurant "I Carracci" completely met your expectations, from the high quality cooking proposals to a 5 star luxury service.

All the staff of Grand Hotel Majestic look forward to welcoming you once again, just to make you live another memorable stay in "your kind place".

Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a night.
We booked a room at £550 which I think was supposed to be one up from the basic rooms. We were shown to a room we did not like (sloping ceiling and lacking in grandeur) but were moved instantly when they found we didn’t like it - that was good service . They also organised transfers for us so we did find the service very good.
Our new room was small and faced the front. Which is a shame because the building is covered in scaffolding and we were not informed of this.
In the morning the banging commenced at 8am - we were looking forward to a sleep in after a very busy day but the banging continued so we got up and left the hotel.
I mentioned this on check out as I believe they should have compensated me for both the lack of view and the building noise and mess.
Instead the girl on reception just said sorry. I don’t think sorry is good enough for a £550 a night building site.
I would very much like to return but this will be based on contact from the hotel with an offer to compensate in some way.
It’s a real shame because the hotel lobby and corridors are very nice. I just hoped the room would be a little larger. I checked on the fire map and ours was the smallest I could see.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the preference you had for Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your last stay in Bologna and for sharing your experience with us.

We are deeply sorry that your stay didn’t meet in full your expectations, but please allow me to explain the source of this unpleasant situation:

Due to a sudden and unexpected removal of the plaster on the facade of our hotel, we were forced to intervene promptly to avoid further problems.
With the occasion and in order to make the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" even more beautiful and luxurious and to give back to the palace its original 18th century splendor, we are taking care of the rebuilding of the whole façade, but proceeding in sections, to make the works the less visible and invasive as possible.
On the matter of fact only the windows of 10 rooms each time are involved by this external renovation.
Regarding the view, we placed on the window a sort of semi-transparent plastic in order to preserve the privacy of our Guests and I’m sorry that the works began at 8.00 as usually are planned for 9.00 am.
Please accept my most sincere apologies also for the superficial comment you received at your departure, I will for sure reprehend the Staff, but please only allow me to say that we would have been pleased to act immediately by changing your room if we were informed about your discomfort.

I also would like to clarify that no interventions have been made or are planned inside the structure, at the moment we do not foresee any other future inconvenience for our valued Guests.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Had three nights in this hotel at the beginning of September.
It is an amazing experience from the moment you are met at the steps and taken to reception.The interior is nic and traditional and beautifully decorated .The room and bathroom were large with high ceilings and a very comfy bed .The breakfast is second to none with a large choice nd very attentive staff .
All the staff from reception to housekeeping are excellent at their jobs and deserve praise for the high standard they achieve.
Very easy to see all the sights from .
Hope to return one day.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the preference accorded to Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your last stay in Bologna and for taking the time to share your so positive experience with us on TripAdvisor Community.

I am more than glad to read that you had enjoyed the interior historic decor, that is also one of the strong points of our great property. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

It makes me proud to know that also the room and bathroom with its high ceilings, you found as large ones, met completely your expectations.

With reference to your comment about our morning continental breakfast proposal, I would like to thank you. Everyday we provide a great selection of salt and sweet, cold and hot dishes in order to try to meet all our Guests needs.

It is a great pleasure to read that all the staff have been excellent and that their job achieve the high standard of a 5 star luxury Hotel.

Come back to our beautiful city and we ensure you will live another great experience of stay.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Expensive hotel, but well worth the price. Pretty much everything about it was perfect. Location, right in the centre of town, beautifully appointed everywhere, and just fabulous service.

I could not recommend this hotel more highly.

Date of stay: September 2019
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the preference you had for Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your last stay in Bologna and for taking the time to share your so positive experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I am more than glad to read that you had enjoyed your stay at our property, you found as an excellent one. It is always a great pleasure to receive positive feedback.

It makes me honored to know that first of all you liked the Italian classic style of our Hotel, which we proudly want to preserve and secondly that you also enjoyed our location, just in the heart of Bologna and close to all main sightseeing.

With reference to your so kind comment about the service, you found as a fabulous one, I would like to thank you.
I will share your words with all the members of the service, who I am sure will be encouraged by your remarks.

Come back to Bologna in the next future and we ensure you will live another great experience of stay.

Reviewed August 17, 2019

Oldest hotel in the city, central location close to city centre and local restaurants. Classy interior with typical Italian design and decor. Good size rooms , furnished well, clean and well looked after. Formable staff but well trained and knowledgeable.Good food particularly breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2018
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2019

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for the interest and preference accorded to Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your last stay in Bologna and for sharing your so positive experience with us on TripAdvisor Community.

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our property, you found as a well located one and close to the main sightseeing. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

It makes very proud to know that you had appreciated the interior decor, the size and the cleanliness of our rooms.
Everyday we preserve the authentic Italian style of our great and elegant property.

With reference to your so positive words spent for the staff, you described as well trained and knowledgeable one, I would like to thank you. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

I am more than glad to read that you had enjoyed also the cooking proposals of our Executive Chef Cristian Mometti and our morning continental buffet.