“Beautiful Hotel - Great Service”

Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni"
Ranked #1 of 102 Hotels in Bologna
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have travelled to many cities and hotels around the world but Italy is always our favourite Country for culture, history and food. The Grand Hotel Majestic enhanced that view with there fantastic service, beautiful rooms we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite 'thank you' We have been lucky to have stayed at some very nice 5 star hotels but for value, location and service the Grand Majestic eclipses them all. Thanks again to all the staff who made our stay in the beautiful city of Bologna very special, we will be back.

Room Tip: Try a suite if you can
1  Thank Putney69
salesghmajestic, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for the wonderful words of appreciation and many thanks also for posting such a delightful review and sharing it on the Tripadvisor community. All the staff of Grand Hotel Majestic “già Baglioni” would like to thank you sincerely for your preference in choosing us during your visit in Italy. Our “Guest Oriented Philosopy” wants to make every stay unforgettable and unique and we would be all proud to see you again in the future just to tell you “Welcome back!”

Tiberio Biondi
Grand Hotel Majestic “già Baglioni”

Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The decor is beautiful and the staff is friendly, but is set off against a terrible breakfast, an even more terrible, to the point of being useless, business center (two Windows XP machines with no admin access, a jammy Ricoh laser printer, no scanner, no shredder). At the time of my stay there was some kind of construction going on on the floor above me (starting daily at 6 and being extra noisy throughout the whole day). This fact doesn't make the hotel bad, but I am not really happy with management's idea, that a quick "sorry" would actually be sufficient. No attempts to move me to another room or make any kind of concession was made. Things like this indicate that "friendly" sometimes isn't enough.

Other than that, the location is great, everybody speaks English and the bar looks very nice (though, I must admit, I haven't had a chance to try it out).

I guess it would be quite a nice place for a romantic trips, but unless the business facilities are updated, I will not stay there on my next business trip.

Room Tip: The "presidential suite" is not actually large at all, so I don't see what so "pr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

we would like to thank you for your preference in choosing Grand Hotel Majestic “già Baglioni” during your stay in Bologna and many thanks for your constructive review. We are all glad you have appreciated our privileged city center location and our beautiful historical building which is a true pride evidence of finest and historical Italian art.

We regret reading of your impression about breakfast. All our Guests have celebrated it as one of the finest and richest buffet breakfast they have ever experienced, with a fresh and complete selection of sweet and salty food and hot and cold drinks. By offering this satisfying experience, we try to meet the needs even of the most demanding Guest and, in addition, our staff is always ready to pay attention to all our Guest’s requests and wishes of all type and sort. For the next time, we invite you not to hesitate to ask directly to our staff for all your needs and desires and in addition please contact us by email to make your review as constructive as possible by explaining exactly what you have not appreciated about our breakfast buffet.

We apologize for the noises you have mentioned because of the renovations that is going on during these days in order to renovate and improve all rooms, suites and areas and keep our historical value intact, year after year. Should any inconvenience happen, we suggest our Guests to inform and notify it to our staff in order to solve it immediately. Have you made a direct request for a room change?

Regarding your comment about the business center, a working shredder is always available on request at the front office. This machine is part of our business area equipment located at the first floor in the elegant and stylish Business Centre Marconi provided with 2 personal computers which will be soon updated. One laser printer is also available and it is not only a simple printer but it works also as scanner and fax. In addition, a free of charge wi-fi connection that can be used to print any documents or files by contacting directly our front desk, is offered in all rooms, suites and common areas.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and posting any comments, and we hope to serving you in the future, with the promise that your next stay at Grand Hotel Majestic “già Baglioni” will become an authentic and unique experience.

Kind regards

Tiberio Biondi
Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni"

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed in the Grand Hotel Majestic for the Film Festival. A very good start was the speed and efficiency with which we were guided to the hotel and our car was whisked away. The service was impeccable, the best I have known in over 40 years: front desk, concierge, breakfast staff, valet parking. The hotel is perfectly placed in Bologna and almost everywhere is reachable on foot. Two highlights: We needed a very quick lunch one day and the prosciutto e melone was THE BEST I HAVE EVER TASTED. And i left the my portable phone in my room - the concierge had it couriered to me with unbelievable speed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colin M
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest

thank you very much for your time spend in writing for sharing your experience at the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" and it will be my pleasure to inform all our staff about your nice words about us.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I can confirm that our culinary products are very carefully selected and high quality! We really suggest you to try a dinner or lunch at I Carracci Restaurant next time, you will experience a unique atmosphere under real masterpice of the Italin Art!

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just came from Due Torri in Verona and I thought that was an impressive "Old World elegance" hotel. Then we come to Bologna and I just found out that Grand Hotel Majestic was another Due Torri Hotel - and even more impressive than the first one.

First, the location. You can't imagine a more strategic position - it's refurbished a grand villa right on Via Independenza Street which is the central street of the historic city center and the main shopping street which becomes 100% pedestrianized during the weekends. It's a very wide villa but the entrance, right in the middle is quite small, which deceives you in to thinking that it's a small boutique hotel - until you realize they own the entire building and that the shops to the left and right of the ground floor entrance are part of the building concessionaires.

Like the De Torri of Verona, they took an 18th or 19th century rich family-owned villa and transformed it into a hotel, which will explain the elegant staircase running at the back, the lovely corridors, the small lifts which weren't there a century or couple of centuries ago, the high ceilings.

The hotel entrance is so beautiful that I just had to take a lot of pictures - lots of columns, great lighting, nice art, impressive walk down to the dining area, When we got to our floor, there was a great foyer-corridor where I could imagine the old family having a small reception at high tea - or something similar. Like the Verona De Torri, it's old world brass key, no electronic keycard for them - which could be a slight hassle if there are two or more of you. The washroom is separate from the T&B area which is always great, there's a weighing scale that was a nice touch (though we didn't know how to adjust it), they had two hair dryers (the newer one was much more functional than the older one attached to the wall), they had the usual in-room safe, ac controls were easy to manipulate, room chandeliers reminded us of the Due Torri lighting in Verona, ditto with the cloth wallpaper which was reflected as well in the curtains, the ceiling is nicely high, the beds and pillows are outstanding. Breakfast was at the lower ground, a very elegantly furnished and decorated room with a false atrium that allowed you to think you were having coffee at an outside garden since that section had a skylight and a garden wall mural. Breakfast fare was outstanding, with all the usual amenities plus cream cheese, rice, quiche which you don't normally find elsewhere. Toiletries, like the Verona Due Torri, were classy, and the tissue paper was of highest quality (note, I usually never remark on toilet paper unless it's made of recyled paper or it's very high end super-soft embossed kind like what this hotel offered.) They had complimentary water although I would suggest that they offer still rather than gas since I'm guessing more foreign guests prefer still water.

The staff are superb, more service-oriented than the Verona Due Torri. Special commendation to the doorman and the breakfast head waitress. Just a quick example - I was looking at the butter selection and she quickly runs over and asks if she can help me since she knew that I wasn't sure if I was looking at the butter or the cream cheese (turned out I was indeed incorrectly looking at the cream cheese selection).

Some minor negatives: the bathroom was decent but the white tiles didn't keep up with the classic elegance of the rest of the room. The LCD TV was a bit on the small side. I didn't think it was a negative but my wife thought they could have provided for a regular writing desk with lamp rather than your round writing table with two chairs.There was no coffee maker and no wine glasses (though there were regular glasses that we used for the wine we brought into the room. The clothes cabinet was inside the wash room which was a tad inconvenient. They do need to improve their wifi access though since it seemed that nearly every time you changed web sites, it kept asking for the user name and password, which was a terrible inconvenience, whereas in the Verona Due Torri system, you entered it once and whether you closed or put it in sleep mode, you always had access.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JGR001

Dear Guest

thank you so much for choosing Grand hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" part of Leading Hotel of the World and member of Duetorrihotel Group! I thank you as well for the nice words you wrote about our property and staff and breakfast!

Thank you for all the nice details description and I'm very pleased to hear such a nice compliments about our hotel.

Tiberio Biondi
Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni"

Reviewed July 7, 2013

As someone who has the privilege to travel a lot and stay at 5 star hotels, I would rate the Grand Hotel Majestic near the top of the list. The distinguishing factor I think was the quality and friendliness of the staff. The breakfast was excellent and also so was the restaurant. We recommend it very highly.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Patrick K
Tiberio B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Majestic "Gia Baglioni", responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest

thank you so much for choosing Grand hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" during your stay in Bologna and thank you as well for the nice words you wrote about our property and staff and breakfast!
It will be my pleasure to inform all our staff about your nice words about us.
We are also happy to be rating near the top of the list!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Finished a motorcycle tour through Italy so needed some ultra comfort our last night. This hotel stunning from the get go. Room was lovely. Bath was incredible. Bar was great. Our stay very abbreviated which is disappointing as it was so comfortable. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Very late getting our room ready but more than accommodating once they did
2  Thank emilymcl

Dear Guest

thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" and it will be my pleasure to inform all our staff about your nice words about us.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Top rate;one of the best medium sized city centre hotels we have stayed in. It really can't be faulted. Lovely restaurant ,though quite expensive. Breakfast selection interesting and varied. There are a number of areas in which to sit ,eat or just relax,three of which are al fresco,which is more than welcome in the height of summer.Staff quite clearly well trained and are attentive yet unobtrusive.Not the cheapest hotel in Bologna by a long way but good value nonetheless

Dear Guest

thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Grand Hotel Majestic "già Baglioni" and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the future!