“Fantastic Italian diner and lovely atmosphere”

Trattoria Nonna Rosa
Ranked #51 of 1,807 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This charming family-run trattoria is one of those off-the-beaten path places that tourists would never find unless they had a recommendation from a local. The cuisine is traditionally Bolognese and delicious - all pasta is handmade of course - served by family members to patrons sitting at tables adorned with hand-embroidered table cloths. Wonderfully light airy dining area, slightly old-fashioned, not pretentious. I loved the food and the atmosphere, it is a favourite with the locals in this neighborhood slightly outside the centre of Bologna. I think that other visitors to Bologna would appreciate this trattoria, quite different from the mediocre and inter-changeable trattorias that mostly dot the tourist areas.
Numansdorp, The Netherlands
“Fantastic Italian diner and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Was in Bologna for business alone and hotel was nearby this Italian restaurant. Came in at 19.30 and was the first guest which is not comfortabel when you are alone. Service and food was great I really loved it. At the end of my evening out felt pleasantly surprises by this kind service and Will absolutely come back again.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Staffolo, Italy
“a fair price and well done food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

a nice place not in downtown but easy to find. nice garden. and food is quite tasty:the wines are selected and wel oriented

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mguf
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent, well worth the money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We mostly ate cheaply during our stay, but decided to choose a bit more expensive restaurant for one night, that was given good reviews on TripAdvisor and quite close by.

I will try to keep this review short, there's so much that can be said. Full og locals, we had to reserve a table 2 days before, great sign of a good restaurant.

Great interior, great service, we weren't waiting long! There was only one guy that could speak English but he did an excellent job of it and it seemed like he enjoyed it. The menu was in Italian, my friends guessed at what they wanted and he explained what they chose to them just in case. I let him choose for me, I like pretty much everything, and I wanted to try something local :-) I won't go in to the food that much, all I can say was it was absolutely amazing, something I won't forget for a long time. This we all agreed on.

We ordered a first plate, and then a second plate, which was recommended and I think it is the norm. For those who want to save a bit of money - we were full after the first plate. Oh, and the red wine was nice!

Enjoy!

“Love it! Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We came in on a Wednesday and had a we loved it so much that we immediately booked a table for the next Friday!

It was near our hotel and a great find. The staff is friendly and they even rounded off the bill downwards (we had to pay €51 but on the bill the number 50 was encircled). We gave €51 anyway ;)

Being already in Italy for a week this is the first restaurant where they have served bread that is not old, but tastes freshly made!

But, if you are sitting outside in the summer - there are a lot of Mosquitos! First I would've recommended to bring some mosquito spray, but it seemed that the staff has some spray available for the guests too!

1 Thank Enitia
Göteborg
“Nice, rustic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Very nice restaruant with typical food from the region, relaxed atmosphere and not too pricey. No seafood dishes available.

Visited June 2014