“Good home style cooking”

Trattoria Nonna Rosa
Ranked #109 of 1,997 Restaurants in Bologna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This charming family-run trattoria is one of those off-the-beaten path places that tourists would never find unless they had a recommendation from a local. The cuisine is traditionally Bolognese and delicious - all pasta is handmade of course - served by family members to patrons sitting at tables adorned with hand-embroidered table cloths. Wonderfully light airy dining area, slightly old-fashioned, not pretentious. I loved the food and the atmosphere, it is a favourite with the locals in this neighborhood slightly outside the centre of Bologna. I think that other visitors to Bologna would appreciate this trattoria, quite different from the mediocre and inter-changeable trattorias that mostly dot the tourist areas.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is a block away from the Suite Hotel Elite but it seems to be an eatery aimed at and frequented by locals which was great. We enjoyed a nice lunch. The portions were generous and prices not cheap but reasonable given the quality. It might be wise to book as it was fairly busy.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Nice, busy restaurant near our Hotel. It was fully booked on a Sunday night, but we managed to get in by eating early.
A very acceptable meal. The pasta was excellent, although the portions were smaller than expected.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Thanks to the friendly staff they arranged me a seat while I witnessed the booking was full.
I loved all my dishes.
I loved the taglietti bolognese, my mouth still waters when I think about it. I loved the second dish with meat, I loved the wine, the bread, the olive oil, everything. Strongly recommended!

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Hand made first dishes: taste the Tortellacci with Speck and Asparagi and the Gramigna with Salsiccia e Zafferano. After that you must try the very best of: Cotoletta alla Bolognese. Nonna Rosa will be your vafourite ever!!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Eat in the Trattoria Nonna Rosa it will be one of the best meals you will eat in Bolonga we ate the on our first evening in the city. Food was fantastic staff very helpful as they spoke English well good recommendations from the menu.